We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolate Makers

Which Punta Gorda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Layton, Utah
reviews: 123
Chocolate Makers

Anyone toured any of the chocolate makers in Punta Gorda? Was it worth your time?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 148
1. Re: Chocolate Makers

We did a day trip with a guide named Bruno Kuppinger (recommended by Kate at Hickatee Cottages) to the jungle cacao farm of Eladio Pop. IT WAS FABULOUS. It included a wonderful traditional lunch at Eladio's house and a chocolate making demonstration. Here's my blog post about it:

…blogspot.com/2012/08/cacao-trail.html

I also visited the little "Chocolate Factory" in PG; there are a few photos near the bottom here:

…blogspot.com/2012/08/punta-gorda-hickatee-c…

Happy trails!

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 238
2. Re: Chocolate Makers

I love Cyril's Chocolate, but don't know about their factory or tours.

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 24
3. Re: Chocolate Makers

We headed out to Cyrila's Chocolates for a tour and it was a highlight of our trip. Juan took us out to the Cacao fields, we then had a chocolate making demonstration (with samples), and then his wife made us an amazing meal. I have attached my trip report which has greater detail of the experience and everything else we did. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291959-i1455-k515…

Colorado
reviews: 39
4. Re: Chocolate Makers

The tour of Eliado Pop's farm was amazing. Well worth the time and effort. For those of you who are Christians, it is refreshing to hear him speak of his love for Jesus.

5. Re: Chocolate Makers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 25, 2014