We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure Tax

Which Placencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sterling, Virginia
reviews: 41
Departure Tax

As you probably know it is $35USD BUT they do take credit cards! I had read on multiple sites that it was only payable in cash.

Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
1. Re: Departure Tax

I'm pretty sure it's cash only, and American dollars at that. Some airlines have it included in the price of your ticket.

Sterling, Virginia
reviews: 41
2. Re: Departure Tax

They took my credit card on Friday 4/14.

Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
3. Re: Departure Tax

I just read that about credit cards some where else too. It will certainly simplify things. Sorry for the misinformation, but I'd still have money stashed away, just in case.

St. Cloud, MN
4. Re: Departure Tax

We just came back on May 4th maybe they just missed us but we didnt pay anything when we left.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
5. Re: Departure Tax

Most airline now include the departure tax in the tix and they airport now accepts cc if not.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
reviews: 37
6. Re: Departure Tax

Most Scheduled US carriers (AA, CO) include it in the ticket price. Sometimes charters do as well, but not always. I usually pay cash, so cannot comment on the credit card issue.

Mike in Tulsa

7. Re: Departure Tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 14, 2009