We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Placencia / San Pedro / Caye Caulker

Which Placencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio, USA
reviews: 5
Placencia / San Pedro / Caye Caulker

I would love to get some opinions from the people who know best... My family and I (50s, 30s, and a 7-year old) are considering a trip to Belize in July, 2012. I have been to San Pedro and absolutely LOVED it, but we are considering trying someplace different - either Placencia or Caye Caulker. We really are having trouble deciding since they all seem so wonderful!

We are looking for:

THE BEACH - hopefully swimming from shore or a dock.

Snorkling - without spending hours on a boat. I could have spent all day at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley. Whale Sharks or manatees would be the ultimate experience.

Wildlife - We are a bunch of biology nerds!

Access to a few tours - cave tubing or Mayan ruins

We do not need:

Luxury (in fact, we will be traveling on a budget). We would like a condo-type accommodation with a kitchen so we can cook some meals rather than eat out.

Bars / nightlife - we are happy sipping beers and rum on a porch or dock. Plus, the kid isn't going to be partying too much.

What would you recommend? Thanks in advance!

1. Re: Placencia / San Pedro / Caye Caulker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 22, 2012