We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store in village in Placencia?

Which Placencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
worldwide
reviews: 2
Grocery store in village in Placencia?

Hello everyone:

Does anyone know the name of the grocery store in the village? Also, do you know their hours for Sunday -- are they open Sunday? I'd also like to purchase some Belikin beer there -- do they sell alcoholic beverages?

Thank you for your time. Looking forward to our trip -- 10 days away! :)

JK

P.S. How far is the grocery store (cab price) from the airport? Thanks, again, for looking.

Sterling, Virginia
reviews: 41
1. Re: Grocery store in village in Placencia?

Wallen's is the main market in the town. It's on the main road at the "bend". They are open on Sunday's but do not know the hours.

They do sell Beliken as do the other smaller stores in the village. If you get their in the AM to early PM you can buy Beliken by the case out of the back of the truck. Just look for the woman in the parking lot standing under the umbrella.

Cab fare from the airport to the village is typically $5 USD.

worldwide
2. Re: Grocery store in village in Placencia?

Thank you, Yeti249!

'ppreicate your input! We're all set now for Placencia! Look'in forward to sipp'n Belikin on the beach! :)

Cheers.

Ohio
3. Re: Grocery store in village in Placencia?

Hi Namesake,

If I'm not mistaken, I think Wallens is closed on Sunday. I got in last year around 5:30 on a Sunday and couldn't get groceries. Olga's may be open in the early eve. Sunday and I think there's another small place that may be open. You may be able to pick up some Belikin's at the airport waiting area stores to take down. I know they have One-Barrel there!

worldwide
4. Re: Grocery store in village in Placencia?

Thank you, smoreldiva!

I'll ask the cab driver as well. Or, we may swing into in the village regardless to take a look. Only 9 more days wil rest and relaxation! :)

Cheers.

JK

worldwide
5. Re: Grocery store in village in Placencia?

I meant to spell "snorkeldiva".

Sorry. :P

Orange County...
6. Re: Grocery store in village in Placencia?

one barrel :)

7. Re: Grocery store in village in Placencia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 20, 2009