We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to BZE Airport to Dangringa, Cab, Bus, Cost?

Which Dangriga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Mexico
reviews: 34
How to get to BZE Airport to Dangringa, Cab, Bus, Cost?

My friend and I are flying into BZE Airport around 4pm and need to get to Dangringa after that.

Know there is a bus but how late and how reliable? Cab to Dangringa How much? Any advice would be very welcomed and thanks!

Claire

6 replies to this topic
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
1. Re: How to get to BZE Airport to Dangringa, Cab, Bus, Cost?

Why not just fly from BZE to DGA? Bus to Dangriga at the station in Belize City. Assume a taxi would be about 175.00 but google Margie's Travel Service at the airport and ask

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 137
2. Re: How to get to BZE Airport to Dangringa, Cab, Bus, Cost?

I agree - I'd fly unless you want to stay nearer the airport and bus the next day.

Belize
3. Re: How to get to BZE Airport to Dangringa, Cab, Bus, Cost?

By bus...

First, you'll have to get a taxi from the airport to the bus terminal in Belize City. That will cost BZ$50 (US$25) and take about 20 minutes.

Any express buses will have already departed by 4 pm, but you can get any westbound bus to Belmopan. These buses will have the final destination of "BENQUE" displayed in the front window of the bus, and depart every 30 minutes until about 9pm. The trip is a bit over an hour and costs BZ$5.

The bus will stop at Belmopan bus terminal where you get off and change to a bus to Dangriga. According to an old schedule, the last buses depart at 6:30 and 7:30 pm. The trip is about 1.5 to 2 hours, and costs about $5.

By taxi...

Get a taxi from the airport. My guess would be at least BZ$200 (probably closer to BZ$300) to Dangriga.

If you get a bus to Belmopan but arrive too late for a bus to Dangriga, finish the trip in a taxi.

Here's a site with a bit of info about buses & taxis and flights....

http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

New Mexico
reviews: 34
4. Re: How to get to BZE Airport to Dangringa, Cab, Bus, Cost?

Thank you so much for the info. I had checked the wordpress site. Decided I will stay in Belize City the first night and then just catch the early bus to Daringa in the am.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 137
5. Re: How to get to BZE Airport to Dangringa, Cab, Bus, Cost?

How about the zoo? If you spend the night there you could do a night tour.

www.belizezoo.org

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
reviews: 46
6. Re: How to get to BZE Airport to Dangringa, Cab, Bus, Cost?

Clearing immigration and customs at BZE and the connections to the local air carriers are very easy and 1 way to DGA is $180BZD . The flight is 18 minutes, so its hardly worth the hassle to get to a hotel and the bus terminal in Belize City.

Reply to: How to get to BZE Airport to Dangringa, Cab, Bus, Cost?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted