We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize airport to water taxi - ?'s on cost and food

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 1
Belize airport to water taxi - ?'s on cost and food

I am flying into Belize Int'l airport on THIS Saturday morning! My friend flies in on a different airline about 45 mins later. Will it be easy for us to spot each other or should we plan to meet somewhere? If so, any suggestions where we should meet?

Then, we're going to head over towards the Marine Terminal by taxi to take the water taxi out to Caye Caulker. Any suggestions on restaurants in that area to grab a bite? Also, what should we expect to pay for the cab to the water taxi?

Hillview, Green...
1. Re: Belize airport to water taxi - ?'s on cost and food

I'll be out to Caye Caulker also either Saturday or Sunday and my daughter Tina will also be arriving Saturday from her other Hostel in Roatan in the Bay Islands.

My daughter has Tinas Backpackers Adventure Hostel on the beach in Caye Caulker. Cheapest place and the best place for location. I'll probably stay next door at Auxillou Beach Suites, or Dianes Guesthouse, also my daughters on the same beachfront.

Look me up, I'm an old guy of 70 years, name of Ray Auxillou

We have FALCONVIEW TOURIST BACKPACKERS ADVENTURE HOSTEL in the hills and valleys of CAYO WEST.

folkmusicfl.tripod.com/aventuresinbelize/

That is one web site with links to others.

Have a good time mon!

Ray

Bruceton Mills...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Belize airport to water taxi - ?'s on cost and food

From the Int'l airport, its a $25 cab ride. That's supposed to be for the cab not per person. I think its 15 - 20 minutes.

I'd meet at the water taxi terminal. I don't recall anyplace near by to eat but you can probably get something at the terminal itself.

The entrance to Caye Caulker is very pretty. Largely due to the places owned by the daughters of the other poster.

San Pedro, Belize
3. Re: Belize airport to water taxi - ?'s on cost and food

Hello welcome in Belize.

The Water taxi is between 15 and 25 Belize Dollar for a single Trip.

On the Guide to Belize you will find the most

Timetables for Watertaxis.

http://www.habaneros.org/en_watertaxi.html

I hope you enjoy your stay in Belize

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
4. Re: Belize airport to water taxi - ?'s on cost and food

You could meet in the downstairs part near Continental and Tropic Air. There are a few shops and some benches there (also a restroom). Or plan to meet upstairs from Tropic Air--great restaurant.

Los Angeles
reviews: 96
5. Re: Belize airport to water taxi - ?'s on cost and food

I agree with Kris. You should just wait for you friend in the terminal, since meeting at the marine terminal will just cost you guys an extra $25 US in taxi fees. Go up to the restaurant for a burger and a belikin. There's not a good place to eat at the marine terminal.

Also on Caye Caulker, look at Sail Winds, it's the yellow building between Auxillou and Diane's (all of which are just to the right of the water taxi pier). I just got back and paid $80 US a night, but got a full suite that had a livingroom and seperate bedroom, with 2 beds (plus a sofa pullout). Auxillou and Diane's look nice too, so you might just want to see which is cheaper.

Have fun!

San Pedro, Belize
6. Re: Belize airport to water taxi - ?'s on cost and food

The Guide to Belize has moved to a new Web address.

The updated Watertaxi Site is now available under:

www.guidetobelize.info/en_watertaxi.html

7. Re: Belize airport to water taxi - ?'s on cost and food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 02, 2009