We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 29
Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

Does anyone know how we can get in touch with Luis Godoy in the San Ignacio area? We are interested in a good guide, and read great things about him!!!

new york
reviews: 18
1. Re: Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

Someone posted a similar question and I found I jotted it down . don't know if it is still workable but its a start.

luisgodoynatureguide@yahoo.com

501-92-824-3314

501-92-606-3796

San Clemente, CA
reviews: 3
2. Re: Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

Were you able to reach Luis Godoy? I too have heard good things about him and was interested in using his services when I travel to Belize in May.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts about driving from Belize City to The Cayo and then to Placenica? Is it safe?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
3. Re: Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

Scenic ride, especially on the Hummingbird. 1.5 hrs from Belize City to San ignacio; 3.5 hrs from San Ignacio to Placencia. Safe, gas up in BC, SI, Belmopan, Dangriga or Placencia.

4. Re: Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

I did reach Luis at the email address given here. We are hiring him for 2 days to join us as a guide. He also has a 4x4 and will provide transportation for any one who does not want to drive. Seems quite knowledgeable. Can't wait! We leave for Belize in 2 days. Thanks to all of you for great info and postings. Thanks Katie for your help.

San Clemente, CA
reviews: 3
5. Re: Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

Thanks for the info. Enjoy Belize. Let us know how your trip went!

new york
6. Re: Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

Please, Please, Please post a trip report upon your return.

Can not wait to hear how you make out with Luis. I'm excited for you. Thats a great option for those nervous about driving in that area.Thanks for your responce glad the info was correct!

Have a wonderful trip! Where are you staying?

new york
7. Re: Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

kjvicki,

Wondering how your trip went? Please post.

8. Re: Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

Just returned on 1/17! Loved it! Wonderful people and things to see and do! DEFINITELY hire Luis Godoy! He will take you in his car to tour and pick up and drop off at airport, or rent a car and he will go with you and drive for you! He is very knowledgeable and quite a character. I plan on going back, and will absolutely hire him again! He loves his country and has been very instrumental in rallying people together to fight the Challilo Dam project. He also takes care of the less fortunate familys when he can. Bring some chocolate treats for his kids and his friends kids! the email listed above is correct. Tell him Karen and Adrian recommended him.

new york
9. Re: Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

kjvicki, Would love to read a full trip report! Please post all the details, Thanks so much!

10. Re: Cayo Guide- Luis Godoy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 21, 2009