We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel with 10 year old in Cayo District?

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
long beach
reviews: 3
Best Hotel with 10 year old in Cayo District?

I will be in Cayo in a few weeks with my 10 year old. We'll probably rent a car. We'll be there for 4 nights. Between San Ignacio Resort, Chaa Creek and Caves Branch--which one would be best for us? Or does it make sense to do 2 nights at one and 2 nights at another? We of course want to see caves and ruins, and then want to have a nice place to come back to. Thanks in advance!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
1. Re: Best Hotel with 10 year old in Cayo District?

Have you considered Chaa Creek's jungly cousin, Macal River Camp? That would get my vote.

www.belizecamp.com

2. Re: Best Hotel with 10 year old in Cayo District?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, June 21, 2013
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
3. Re: Best Hotel with 10 year old in Cayo District?

Ricardo - It is against the forum rules to promote your business here.

Belize City, Belize
4. Re: Best Hotel with 10 year old in Cayo District?

OK I am sorry. Was not aware. Won't happen again.

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 216
5. Re: Best Hotel with 10 year old in Cayo District?

I also recommend the Macal River Camp at CC. Amazing spot!

San Ignacio, Belize
6. Re: Best Hotel with 10 year old in Cayo District?

It depends on what you are looking for all of the hotels offer you ability to visit the Maya Ruins. San Ignacio Resort and Chaa Creek, Logistically, are closer to Xunantunich, Cahal Pech and Tikal. Chaa Creek is a jungle resort and you are about a 25-30 minute car ride away from anything. San Ignacio Resort also offers the jungle feel but is located a 5 minute walk down a hill from town. Both Caves Branch and Chaa Creek are beautiful jungle lodges and do not offer Air conditioned rooms. San Ignacio Resort is a Luxury Resort Hotel and does have air conditioned rooms. So with all that said, it depends on the type of Belize experience you are looking for to determine which hotel you will choose to stay at. All offer the same in terms of tours and adventures but are different in terms of the type of accommodations. Hope that reply helped .

7. Re: Best Hotel with 10 year old in Cayo District?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 23, 2014