We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quietest, nicest and best lodging in/around San Ignacio?

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chandler
reviews: 2
Quietest, nicest and best lodging in/around San Ignacio?

Hello all!

Trying to plan our first few days of our trip. Thinking two nights in/around San Ignacio and one night at the Tikal Inn (as I plan to do the sunrise tour).

Also, is it valuable to be able to walk into town (S.I.) for meals?

I know the San Ignacio resort is a fave, but am trying to be a bit economical.

Thanks!

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 23
1. Re: Quietest, nicest and best lodging in/around San Ignacio?

We were in San Ignacio in April. If you don't mind basic and rustic, Midas Resort is middle of the road in price and close enough to walk to places plus they have a restaurant right there. The food is not great but not bad either. They have cottages, cabanas, and deluxe rooms and all are air conditioned. I don't think it is much of a resort myself so don't let the name fool you. They do have a nice pool and bar area though. Hopes this helps.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
2. Re: Quietest, nicest and best lodging in/around San Ignacio?

Aguada Hotel is in Santa Elena across the bridge from San Ignacio. It's definitely walkable but you might prefer a taxi after dark. It's a great value - there's a pool and an onsite restaurant.

www.aguadabelize.com

Our favorite jungly spot is Macal River Camp but it's at least 15-20 minutes by road from town. Dinner and breakfast are provided in an open palapa.

www.belizecamp.com

Happy planning!

Chandler
3. Re: Quietest, nicest and best lodging in/around San Ignacio?

Thanks Hopeful!

Still working on it, obviously!

:)

The biggest thing for these two nights is quiet and A/C.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 23
4. Re: Quietest, nicest and best lodging in/around San Ignacio?

Midas is quiet and air conditioned. I don't know about the other place suggested.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
5. Re: Quietest, nicest and best lodging in/around San Ignacio?

Aguada is in a neighborhood so theoretically there could be construction or other noise but it was quiet for us - we loved that part. We had a nice big room with ac and a kitchenette; we shopped for market produce and home bakery goods and prepared some of our own breakfasts and lunches. My photos with blog and travelogue links on the main page of each collection are below in case you're interested - all my recommendations are embedded there (Aguada 2009 and Maca River Camp 2003). Happy trails! flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Chandler
6. Re: Quietest, nicest and best lodging in/around San Ignacio?

Thanks Hopeful!

Sent a reservations request!

:)

7. Re: Quietest, nicest and best lodging in/around San Ignacio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 09, 2014