We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moonracer or Rumors?

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec City, Canada
reviews: 2
Moonracer or Rumors?

Hi! I've read great reviews about Moonracer... but I wonder if it is too far from San Ignacio? Is it easy to go to Cahal Pech or the Iguana project? Can we take the bus from there or we absolutely need to use organized tours?

I was also considering Rumors hotel... I've read that it is being renovated, is it true? Is it a good place to stay?

My budget is 75$/night maximum... do you have any other ideas?

Thanks again for your help! This is the first trip I am preparing for me and my boyfriend and I am so happy to have all of your comments to help me! :D

Quebec City, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Moonracer or Rumors?

If I want to be in the jungle but still not too far from the city... is the Parrot Nest Lodge a good place to stay? It is very difficult for me to choose !

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
2. Re: Moonracer or Rumors?

We loved Macal River Camp, Chaa Creek's jungly cousin. It's out a ways but the setting is awesome, great food, sweet tent/cabins, terrific camp host. I think it's still $55/night + tax which includes dinner and breakfast.

www.belizecamp.com

We also enjoyed the Aguada, across the bridge from San Ignacio in a neighborhood in Santa Elena. Good value, nice pool, our room had a kitchenette which we liked. There's a restaurant on site and tour places will pick you up there without an extra fee.

www.aguadabelize.com

I don't have experience with the others so can't compare - sorry!

Belize
3. Re: Moonracer or Rumors?

I've heard great reports from friends about Parrot Nest.

If you choose Moonracer, make sure you check with them first before just showing up because the business is for sale.

Belize
reviews: 6
4. Re: Moonracer or Rumors?

The business is still for sale, and we are still there doing business as usual. However, you should make reservations because we are frequently full, with only two rooms.

We are about 45 minutes from San Ignacio, and if you want to do lots of stuff there from our place it would behoove you to rent a vehicle. We are also 45 minutes closer to all of the Mountain Pine Ridge attractions (Caracol, Big Rock, Rio Frio Cave, Rio On Pools, 1000 Foot Falls, Barton Creek), but it would also be good to rent a car to do some of that on your own. Or, you can take guided tours.

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 216
5. Re: Moonracer or Rumors?

All 3 are great in their own right. If you wanted to spend time in MPR, then rent a car, and stay at Moonracer. On a related note, I think most businesses are for sale for the right price. Better yet, while they are for sale, they usually run optimally so the books look good, and they continue to get great reviews. I haven't stayed at Rumors, but I go to their nightclub every now and then...I live in Bullet Tree, so I'll only comment that I think the Mopan is the best river in the world, and I'm on it every day, haha.

Have a great vacation!

San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 18
6. Re: Moonracer or Rumors?

Yes, you will have to go on organized tours without a vehicle. Buses only run to the major towns, and villages. Rumors is right in town. Parrots Nest gets high marks from many, is budget friendly, convenient to town, but not walking distance, and is right on the Mopan River. Moonracer is near the entrance to the Mountain Pine Ridge, and gets high marks for hospitality, unique experience, and great food.

Tough decision !!! All are nice, and each different.

7. Re: Moonracer or Rumors?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 19, 2014