We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is cave tubing or cave exploring possible without a tour?

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
long beach
reviews: 4
Is cave tubing or cave exploring possible without a tour?

My 10 year old and I will be in Belize next month. We will rent a car in BC, and head out toward San Ignacio. We travel a lot, and always rent a car--we prefer the flexibility to see places at our own pace, without participating in organized tours (it's also usually much cheaper). Can we do this at ATM or cave tubing, or is a tour (departing from San Ignacio) required? Thanks in advance!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 137
1. Re: Is cave tubing or cave exploring possible without a tour?

You'd need a guide in any event but I've read you can arrange a guide for tubing on the spot. You could arrange to meet your ATM guide nearer the cave than San Ignacio; I don't think it would save you any money, though. You can't enter the cave without a guide from 1 of the recognized agencies.

2. Re: Is cave tubing or cave exploring possible without a tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 28, 2014