We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about booking day trips in advance

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Question about booking day trips in advance

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are going to be in San Ignacio May 29-June 2nd and then Ambergris until the 9th. I wanted to know if I had to book day trips a couple of days in advance or I could just book them the day before with my hotel.

Also, does anyone have suggestions on the best zip lining tour in San Ignacio? Or any other excursions that are worthwhile? Thank you for the help.

-Max

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 213
1. Re: Question about booking day trips in advance

I'd just book trips the night before. If you're hotel doesn't charge more use them. The tour operators are downtown, and it's easy to book with them directly too. ATM is the current popular cave, and it's great(Mountain Cow Cave is better). Caracol is an amazing ruin, and you get to visit other sites along the way in MPR too. If you want a cool experience, there's the La Capitana Pontoon boat on Lake Benque, where you'll get to see 3 or 4 waterfalls, and hike right up the them too.

The best zip line is Calico Jack's. You'll love it, and if you do it early, you could then see MPR, which is really a great place to visit.

Have a great time!

North Liberty, Iowa
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
2. Re: Question about booking day trips in advance

The problem with waiting to book until the night before is that, at least on Ambergris, not every tour goes every day.

There are daily dive trips and daily snorkel trips, usually twice a day, in fact, but trips to the mainland don't go unless there are a minimum number of people who want to go.

I'd book what you want to do as soon as you arrive, it would be a bummer not to get in the tours you want.

San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 18
3. Re: Question about booking day trips in advance

We ask our guests to at least give a 24 hour notice for booking tours. It gives the tour operators enough notice to line things up. You are also taking the chance that the tour is full, this is especially true for ATM Cave.

New York City, New...
4. Re: Question about booking day trips in advance

Does anyone know what zip line tour the jungle lodges like CBL or Mystic River use?

Have any experience with it?

thanks

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 213
5. Re: Question about booking day trips in advance

Calico Jack's is the best in Cayo. Bocawina is the best in Central America. Love them both! i wouldn't use the one in Nohoch Che'en again since the other are so much better.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
reviews: 72
6. Re: Question about booking day trips in advance

Not sure what ziplines the lodges use. If it is in combination with cave-tubing, as it often is, then it is almost certainly Nohoch Che'en, which I've heard isn't very good. On DrFeelAwesome's recommendation, we went to Calico Jack's. We had our own car. The trip there was a nightmare (miles and miles of rocky dirt road a few hours after torrential rain), but it was worth it. We paid $62 each for the Ultimo Explorer package, if I remember correctly. It was amazing!

7. Re: Question about booking day trips in advance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 03, 2014