We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in San Ignacia First week in February

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 72
Weather in San Ignacia First week in February

We are going to San Ignacia the first week next February and heard that it might be real hot. Should we make sure that the place we stay has AC. Or is it cool that time of the year?

"Funman"

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 216
1. Re: Weather in San Ignacia First week in February

I seriously doubt it will be hot in any way in Feb. Our Summer here in Cayo is April and May(right now). With global weirding, the Winters are getting cooler - we've had nights where it's actually hit in the high 40's in Bullet Tree around Christmas - and while Feb surely won't be colder than the 60's at night, it can be in the 80's, or 90's in some places. I consider real hot to be around 100, and even then, it doesn't stop me from hiking or biking here. If it's warmer than you like, be sure and stay very hydrated, especially if you are doing strenuous activities. Enjoy!

Belize
2. Re: Weather in San Ignacia First week in February

Here's the data for February...

Average daily high about 28° C.

Average overnight low about 20° C.

Average humidity about 70%.

Those temperatures will drop a few degrees when a cold front moves across the country. That happens about every ten days from late November to March.

Whether or not you need an a/c depends on what you're accustomed to. I find that 28° C isn't hot enough for an a/c, but some people might like an a/c for relief from the midday heat. At night, it's more likely that you'll need an extra blanket on the bed than an a/c.

3. Re: Weather in San Ignacia First week in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 21, 2014