We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 77
4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

Hi,

Two couples from the United States need a ride Feb 6th: 2014

Placencia to San Ignacio and then we need a ride from San Ignacio to Cancun on Feb 10th, 2014.

Any idea's on the cheapest, fastest or best way to do these trips. Who to contact. Or, if you are reading this and you do rides like this feel free to contact me with a private message here. Thanks.

"Funman"

San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 5
1. Re: 4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

Contact / Bzmtours.com

or call them at 621-0312

San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 5
2. Re: 4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

Bzmtours.com- Can take you from Placencia to San Ignacio

and from San Ignacio to Cancun

E-mail - Info@bzmtours.com

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 229
3. Re: 4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

I also recommend BZM tours.

BC
reviews: 121
4. Re: 4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

Cheapest and fastest are usually not the same thing.....

Cheapest would be the bus, but that is a long trip for one day. The border into Mexico is serious stuff---like they will search inside your suitcases, nothing like coming in on the plane. So that adds a bit of time.

We did the bus from San Ignacio to Cancun airport, but not all in one go. Stopped in the lovely city of Chetumal and then also in PDC. ADO is the bus company in that part of the country, their website is great.

Madison, Wisconsin
5. Re: 4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

Thanks for all the info guys. I am still trying to decide.

"Funman"

corozal
6. Re: 4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

funman try to contact discountedbelizeshuttlesandtours as well they do cancun routes.

BC
reviews: 121
7. Re: 4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

Funman, I know you usually hang out on the PV forum. Have you been to Belize before? It is definitely NOT like Mexico, I couldn't wait to get out of there.

It is very hot in the San Ignacio area and the buses are very crowded and hot, as in the conductor carries around a towel to wipe himself off. The landscape is boring and unattractive. The people are very different from the lovely politeness you know so well in Mexico.

Given that there are four of you, I think you'd be best booking air conditioned private transport. Gasoline prices are high in Belize, so transport prices will reflect that. Once you are near the border, cross border taxis can be better value, as they like to drive across to buy the much cheaper Mexican gasoline. San Ignacio is a fairly long drive to the border. Once you get to Chetumal, you could take the ADO bus, it is extremely comfortable. Taxis in Chetumal are ridiculously cheap.

Madison, Wisconsin
8. Re: 4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

Thanks pumpermum, we need all information, good and bad.

"Funman"

Edited: 4:10 am, May 18, 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
9. Re: 4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

I spend several months a year in Belize. I've almost always found the local population friendly and accommodating.

I enjoy the buses in Belize, but, they certainly aren't the most comfortable. But, it's a small country, and the distances aren't terrible.

I'm heading to Puerto Vallarta for the month of October. Previous trip there was only for a week. Looking forward to the mountain views. I'm hoping to find the local population, both Mexican and expat as friendly as the people we've met in Belize.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
reviews: 7
10. Re: 4 people need inexpensive ride from San Ignacio to Cancun

If flying ends up in you travel plans here is more info - Maya Flats air strip is located in the heart of the Maya Mountains, Cayo District. The air strip is only five miles from San Ignacio town and two miles from Benque Viejo del Carmen. sanpedrosun.com/travel-and-tourism/…

Flying Video - Tropic Air inaugurates San Ignacio flight (Maya flats) Belize by Manuel Media

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcROjX-bvgs

Edited: 9:00 am, May 18, 2013