We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Auto Rental

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cloverdale...
reviews: 44
Cayo Auto Rental

Hello this is a review not a question. I am not sure why trip adviser doesn't let you review auto rental places. In January 2013 my wife and I were traveling/backpacking in Belize for our wedding/honeymoon/vacation. We wanted to rent a vehicle to go from San Ignacio down the humming bird highway and then back to Belize City to take the taxi out to the islands. We ended up going with Cayo auto rental and reserving online. We had to pay an extra $50 to drop off in a different location than where we picked up. We were very satisfied with our experience. The man who rented us the car was super friendly and was the team manager for the local bicycle team. The oil light always stayed on our vehicle but other than that everything went well, we had no car trouble at all. We dropped the vehicle off at the water taxi terminal in Belize City where we were met right away. Smooth transaction. I was really worried after all the reviews I had been reading online about renting a car in Belize in general but we had no problems at all. The rental station is inside of a gas station. Its about a 20 minute walk uphill from downtown. We walked from Rosa's Hotel.

Edited: 4:15 pm, May 07, 2013
Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
reviews: 7
1. Re: Cayo Auto Rental

Glad your experience was a good one.

We rented 2 vehicles from Budget In Belize City to do the overnight Zoo trip and also had a pleasant experience.. Good customer service, they met us on time at Muni and brought us to the the vehicles and dropped us back off at the airport when we were done.

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 216
2. Re: Cayo Auto Rental

Thanks for that review. We've used them for vans for student groups too. Always good. They are in the Texaco at the bottom of the Cahal Pech hill.

3. Re: Cayo Auto Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 15, 2014