We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to bring to Black Rock Lodge

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 2
What to bring to Black Rock Lodge

I'll be there in 10 days! Any suggestions on what to bring? I hear maybe long pants due to bugs.... but what about other things that people have found helpful? Is there a store there if we want snacks or run out of something?

THANKS!

New York City, New...
reviews: 72
1. Re: What to bring to Black Rock Lodge

First of all you do not know how lucky you are. I hesitate to tell you because I don't want to take the fun of the surprise away. It is low keyed and laid back - not a fancy resort ostensibly. But it is the top of the line as far as I can see. It is breathtaking in location and breathtaking in tone. Everything is done to perfection. If you can get a riverfront cottage or the honeymoon cottage (our favorite because of the sound of the rapids) I would but it doesn't matter it is all perfection down to the semi-communal eating and the quality of the other guests. They take you for free nature walks at night that I wouldn't miss. I envy you. Now as for clothes you can get through all of Belize with one swimming trunk a few T shirts and two pairs of long pants. I wore jeans but the ideal pants would be a light cotton fabric. We had no bugs at all but I would bring bug spray and of course sunscreen. But with the clothes that I mentioned you can go anywhere in this very underdeveloped country. I envy you though the Black Rock. It is a very very special quiet place of beauty and peace.

New York City, New...
reviews: 72
2. Re: What to bring to Black Rock Lodge

As for a snack store I don't remember any but the kitchen was very obliging and the food great. We rented a Jeep but if you don't have one you can buy snacks when you go on the various tours (ATM, Mayan Ruins, Tubing) the Lodge arranges daily. Also don't forget to buy/bring a small pair of binoculars since you will always be wanting to look at some bird or monkey in a tree.

3. Re: What to bring to Black Rock Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 14, 2014