We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from BZE to San Pedro

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 2
Traveling from BZE to San Pedro

What is the best way to get from Belize international airport to San Pedro?

North Liberty, Iowa
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
1. Re: Traveling from BZE to San Pedro

For me, the best, easiest, so, therefore, most expensive, is to simply book a flight on either Tropic Air or Maya Island Air and fly right from BZE.

http://www.tropicair.com/

The flight is about 15 minutes and the planes leave BZE hourly, or, even more often, when an international flight arrives.

If you want to save some money, you can take a cab, US$25.00 per cab, to the Municipal airstrip in Belize City and fly from there. Because of taxes, it's far less money. It's never been worth it to me.

Or, take a water taxi. A couple of different option, by far the most expensive is Tropic Ferry. They will pick you up right at the airport and take you to the dock and off you go. It costs almost as much as flying, and, if your international flight is late, you may get left behind.

The regular water is very cheap. It requires the same cab ride as posted above, then, 75-90 minutes to downtown San Pedro. I don't have the greatest back, I find the water taxi uncomfortable.

Layton, Utah
reviews: 119
2. Re: Traveling from BZE to San Pedro

I totally agree with Jeanh. We caught a quick and easy flight out of BZE to San Pedro on Tropic Air. It was the most expensive option but looking back I have no regrets due to the time we saved and convenience.

Los Angeles...
3. Re: Traveling from BZE to San Pedro

Thank you for your reply. I have another question. I am traveling to Belize in May and I am considering taking to water taxi to San Pedro. Since my flight does not arrive until 3:30 PM I was wondering what time the sun goes down there. I don't to travel at night on the boat.

Thanks

Los Angeles...
4. Re: Traveling from BZE to San Pedro

Sorry I meant to say "I don't want to travel at night".

Belize
5. Re: Traveling from BZE to San Pedro

Right now, sunset is about 6:05 pm. By May, it should be about 6:15 or 6:20 pm.

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Traveling from BZE to San Pedro

Thank you.

Ypsilanti, Michigan
reviews: 14
7. Re: Traveling from BZE to San Pedro

if you do decide to take a flight from BZE to San Pedro here is a link to tacogirl's deals http://tacogirl.com/tacogirl-belize-deals/ I really enjoy her blog and she got my wife and I a 10% discount on a flight. The site explains what you need to do and she is very helpful. I will be going to Ambergris Caye on April 29th with my wife for 2 full weeks can't wait.

8. Re: Traveling from BZE to San Pedro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, April 10, 2013
9. Re: Traveling from BZE to San Pedro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 11, 2014