We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize Itinerary!

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 2
Belize Itinerary!

I will be in San Ignacio for 6 nights in April. 5 will be at Black Rock and then 1 at the zoo. Any recommendations on things that are "must do's". We don't want to have a strict schedule but I don't want to miss anything amazing. I heard Tikal is a must, so that seems like it's a full day. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
1. Re: Belize Itinerary!

Tikal is worth an overnight in my opinion - amazing to explore the ruins and jungle during the cooler evening and early morning hours when wildlife is active and you practically have the place to yourselves. My photos with blog and travelogue links on the main page of each collection are below in case you're interested - all my recommendations are embedded there. Happy trails! flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Belize
2. Re: Belize Itinerary!

Go to Pacz Tours in San Ignacio and join one of the cave tours.

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 211
3. Re: Belize Itinerary!

ATM is a must. I think Caracol and MPR are way better than Tikal. Horseback riding to Xunantunich is really neat. The Green Iguana Conservation Project is amazing. The Saturday market is cool.

Pittsburgh...
4. Re: Belize Itinerary!

Definately do what you can while there.

Tikal or Caracol/MPR

ATM or Barton Creek

Definately Horseback riding

Cave Tubing/Zip Lining

Black hole Drop

river caneoing

San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 18
5. Re: Belize Itinerary!

The Iguana hatchery is closed for renovation.

Clearwater, Canada
reviews: 49
6. Re: Belize Itinerary!

Any idea how long the hatchery is closed for? We will be there in a week...

7. Re: Belize Itinerary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:41 pm, March 30, 2013
San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 18
8. Re: Belize Itinerary!

A stay in the Cayo District should definitely be a part of your plan for some great exploration !!

Pittsburgh...
9. Re: Belize Itinerary!

Cayo District, San Pedro and Orange Walk or Toledo would be a great great

10. Re: Belize Itinerary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:11 pm, March 27, 2013