We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is everything closed on Easter/Easter weekend?

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
reviews: 6
Is everything closed on Easter/Easter weekend?

I'm planning an itinerary for our trip to Belize, which is quickly approaching. I currently have us in the tentatively in the San Ignacio area March 29-April 2. Are shops, restaurants, tours closed Easter weekend, or will we still be able to do things?

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 229
1. Re: Is everything closed on Easter/Easter weekend?

I'd bet that just about everything will be open. On Sundays, most places are closed anyways, but tours still go.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
2. Re: Is everything closed on Easter/Easter weekend?

Bars are closed on Good Friday. This is about the busiest week of travel in Central America; everyone has a long holiday and everything will be open and tours operating in tourist areas

San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 19
3. Re: Is everything closed on Easter/Easter weekend?

I bet shops, and restaurants will be closed on Good Friday, and Easter Sunday. The tour companies will be operating, and resort services will be available.

Belize
4. Re: Is everything closed on Easter/Easter weekend?

Good Friday is the day when almost everything will be closed -- I think it's a law? A few years ago, I needed to buy something, and did it through a small side window of a grocery store.

Saturday will be as usual, except banks, libraries and some other businesses will be closed.

On Sunday & Monday, some grocery stores & restaurants will be open.

Tour companies will probably have tours if already arranged, but their offices might be closed on Friday, Sunday & Monday.

5. Re: Is everything closed on Easter/Easter weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 14, 2014