We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Accommodations

We are trying to decide on accommodations and are thinking of Chaa Creek or Ian’s Cave Branch. We are a family of 5 with older children and will be going on adventure tours each day. At this point we will most likely be renting a car so that we can have some meals in town and drive ourselves to locations. I would also like a nice pool to relax in after a long day. Any Suggestions?

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 211
1. Re: Accommodations

They are both great lodges. CC is much closer to downtown San Ignacio, but CB is close to Belmopan. It depends what you'd like to be closer too. ATM is a little closer to CB, while MPR is closer to CC.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 3
2. Re: Accommodations

Determine which trips you want to do first and then see which of these two lodges are better located to minimize the driving

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 211
3. Re: Accommodations

Katie said it well.

CB has cave tubing right there at the site. The Blue Hole National Park is right across the highway, as is the Mountain Cow cave, which I'd recommend over ATM.

CC has horseback riding, mountain biking, the Natural History Museum and butterfly farm right there. The Belize Botanic Gardens are right next door at DuPlooy's, and Xunantunich is just down the road.

Have fun choosing!

Cleveland, Ohio
4. Re: Accommodations

Thanks so much for your advice. It is going to be hard to choose. I may just try 2 nights at each place :) Thank you!

Belize
5. Re: Accommodations

If you haven't booked yet, why not take a look at Amber Sunset jungle Resort.

Cleveland, Ohio
6. Re: Accommodations

Thanks so much! I booked at Chaa Creek

7. Re: Accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 16, 2014