We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations in San Ignatio

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Ontario...
Accomodations in San Ignatio

Hi. We will be staying in the area for about 3-4 nights and trying to decide between

1)Lower dover -- closer to the tours but far from san ignatio

2)parrot tree nest on bullet tree falls--closer to town and free tubin

We want to do 2 tours (ATM and Tikal) and spend the rest of the time relaxing and exporing the area. As such which one would you reccomend? Furthermore , do we need to be close to town or is there not much to explare? Please keep in mind that we will be arriving by bus so not sure if both resorts are accessible from bus stop . Your help is much appreciated. Thank you

Brooklyn, New York
1. Re: Accomodations in San Ignatio

Hi,

If you arrive in San Ignacio by bus, there are taxis that can take you to either of the places you want to stay. That will be the only way to get there unless someone from the accommodations picks you up in San Ignacio.

If you ever want to stay in San Ignacio, I can recommend Martha's Guest House. They have nice, clean accommodations and the owners are very nice and trustworthy. They have a safe where you can leave your passport and extra money until you want to leave town. I paid $59 American per night when I was there last year.

Try to be in San Ignacio on a Sat. morning to go to the outdoor market. They have fruits that I've never seen before. Also, Sat. is barbecue day and you must have some barbecue while you're there.

You can go to any of the Maya ruins from San Ignacio, Tikal or Cahal Pech, for example, as there are many tour companies located there. No matter what you do, you will have a wonderful time. There's so much to see and do in Belize. I've been there six times and haven't even scratched the surface.

Good luck!

2. Re: Accomodations in San Ignatio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 11, 2014