We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM Question

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
reviews: 5
ATM Question

Hi all! Just a quick weird question. Do we need water shoes for the ATM Tour? Can we just wear our tennis( new balance minimums)? I hear its a strenuous excursion and I want to be prepared. We are in our 30's and active.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 148
1. Re: ATM Question

Tennies will be fine, though they might be a little worse for wear by the end and be a bit mildew/stinky by the time you get home since they're not likely to dry very quickly given Belize's humidity. I swear by my Keen H20s and others in my family group wore amphibious shoes by Merrell and Salomon. Here's a picture:

flickr.com/photos/…set-72157622234749818

Have a great trip!

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 238
2. Re: ATM Question

Those will work well. Be sure and wear socks so you don't get blisters and for the part of the walk where you aren't allowed to wear shoes.

Saint Louis...
3. Re: ATM Question

I wore tennis shoes into ATM. And socks. No problem. Hint: when you take off the shoes after the tour, stuff them with dry newspaper.

The shoes will dry much faster. The newspaper will wick the water. I changed the paper 3 or 4 times. The shoes were dry in 12 hours.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 148
4. Re: ATM Question

Cool tip! Good reminder about socks, too. Happy trails, all!

Austin, Texas
reviews: 5
5. Re: ATM Question

Thank you so much everyone! I felt stupid for asking but i'm glad I did.

6. Re: ATM Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 07, 2014