We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking boots on ATM tour?

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MA
reviews: 5
hiking boots on ATM tour?

Are hiking boots necessary on the jungle hike + ATM tour? Or is it fine to wear sneakers or sandals? Thanks!

San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 16
1. Re: hiking boots on ATM tour?

I recommend you do take hiking gear. You would go through a 45 min hike before arriving at the cave.

Happy Hiking! :)

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 216
2. Re: hiking boots on ATM tour?

I think Teva style sandals are by far the best choice, not that I ever wear shoes for ATM since I have hardened feet. Sneakers would be second best, but remember that they'll get pretty wet, so you'd want to stuff newspaper in them after the trip. I'd think boots would be too heavy, and get in the way at some points, but I've never tried hiking boots.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
3. Re: hiking boots on ATM tour?

I swear by my Keen H2Os (like the great traction and toe protection) and the men in my family wear amphibious shoes for that sort of thing - Saloman Tech Amphibians or Merrell Aquasports. I wouldn't consider boots. The hike in is mainly flat and includes 3 river crossings so (imo) boots aren't needed and would never dry in Belize's humidity.

San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 18
4. Re: hiking boots on ATM tour?

I third nominate water shoes that dry quickly. Hiking boots would be to cumbersome.

5. Re: hiking boots on ATM tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 16, 2013