We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way trips to Tikal?

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
One way trips to Tikal?

We are staying at the Tikal inn for a couple days and doing a sunset tour and a sunrise tour through them.

What is the best way to get to Tikal from San Ignacio one way?

From what I can figure, I can take a bus to Benque, cab to the boarder then grab another cab to Tikal. Is there a better way? For anyone that has done it this way, what was the cost?

Cheers!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
1. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

That's a good way to do it. I haven't done it that direction for years so can't help with the cost. You could also ask around for an agency who would provide transport for you; Pacz does that, I think, but I don't know what they'd charge 1 way. Good luck!

www.pacztours.net

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 211
2. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

It's around $25 to $30 us per person, and it's worth it because it saves the hassle of doing it yourself. Max at Maximum Adventure tours is the best for it.

San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 16
3. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

You can catch the bus to Benque and take a cab from the border... this would cost you around $30.00US total per person. Another way is to book a Tikal tour with a tour company. You can check with Maximum tours (501-623-4880) located on Burns Avenue. The tour guide at Maximum tours is one of the best for Tikal tours. You can also check with David's Adventure Tours (Phone: 501-804-3674 and e-mail davidtours@belizemail.net). Give them a call and they can give you a price quote.

Have fun!

reviews: 3
4. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

HI

We just arrive flores tonight

here is the price:

1. take a bus westline from san ignacio to the final town $9 bz/each

2. take a taxi to border $3bz/each

3. departure from belize $35 bz/each

4. go out of the guatemala border, cross the bridge, there is bus to santaelena $30Q

5. take tutuk $5Q from santa elena to flores.

Pittsburgh...
5. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

I have guests of mines that need to get to Tikal and I had them get a cab from San Ignacio and I get a vehicle from The border to Tikal and drop you where you are staying. The is about US$5 and the vehicle from the border to Tikal is US$120(thats a pricate vehicle) one way.

San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 18
6. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

If you take a taxi from San Ignacio to the border it should cost about $5. per person. Catch a taxi by the bus terminal , those are less expensive. Then once you cross the border there will be lots of taxis, and that should cost about 450 quetzales. Negotiate prices before entering.

Have a great trip.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 69
7. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

We tagged along with a tour group headed to Tikal from our hotel. We paid $50/person and got dropped off at the Tikal Inn. They handled immigration, fees, and even changed some dollars into quetzales for us.

Brisbane
reviews: 107
8. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

Are there safety issues on the road from the border to Tikal? We are looking to get a taxi direct to Tikal. Are the taxis licensed?

If we tag along with a tour group, do the groups go every day? Is $50 each the going rate? We would be staying 2 nights in Tikal as we are birders, then transfer to Flores around mid-day for a quick look around before an evening flight to GUA.

9. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 31, 2014