We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way trips to Tikal?

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
14 reviews
One way trips to Tikal?

We are staying at the Tikal inn for a couple days and doing a sunset tour and a sunrise tour through them.

What is the best way to get to Tikal from San Ignacio one way?

From what I can figure, I can take a bus to Benque, cab to the boarder then grab another cab to Tikal. Is there a better way? For anyone that has done it this way, what was the cost?

Cheers!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
8,084 posts
213 reviews
1. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

That's a good way to do it. I haven't done it that direction for years so can't help with the cost. You could also ask around for an agency who would provide transport for you; Pacz does that, I think, but I don't know what they'd charge 1 way. Good luck!

www.pacztours.net

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
249 reviews
2. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

It's around $25 to $30 us per person, and it's worth it because it saves the hassle of doing it yourself. Max at Maximum Adventure tours is the best for it.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
87 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

You can catch the bus to Benque and take a cab from the border... this would cost you around $30.00US total per person. Another way is to book a Tikal tour with a tour company. You can check with Maximum tours (501-623-4880) located on Burns Avenue. The tour guide at Maximum tours is one of the best for Tikal tours. You can also check with David's Adventure Tours (Phone: 501-804-3674 and e-mail davidtours@belizemail.net). Give them a call and they can give you a price quote.

Have fun!

Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

HI

We just arrive flores tonight

here is the price:

1. take a bus westline from san ignacio to the final town $9 bz/each

2. take a taxi to border $3bz/each

3. departure from belize $35 bz/each

4. go out of the guatemala border, cross the bridge, there is bus to santaelena $30Q

5. take tutuk $5Q from santa elena to flores.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
85 posts
5. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

I have guests of mines that need to get to Tikal and I had them get a cab from San Ignacio and I get a vehicle from The border to Tikal and drop you where you are staying. The is about US$5 and the vehicle from the border to Tikal is US$120(thats a pricate vehicle) one way.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
217 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

If you take a taxi from San Ignacio to the border it should cost about $5. per person. Catch a taxi by the bus terminal , those are less expensive. Then once you cross the border there will be lots of taxis, and that should cost about 450 quetzales. Negotiate prices before entering.

Have a great trip.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
4,580 posts
92 reviews
7. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

We tagged along with a tour group headed to Tikal from our hotel. We paid $50/person and got dropped off at the Tikal Inn. They handled immigration, fees, and even changed some dollars into quetzales for us.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
578 posts
163 reviews
8. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

Are there safety issues on the road from the border to Tikal? We are looking to get a taxi direct to Tikal. Are the taxis licensed?

If we tag along with a tour group, do the groups go every day? Is $50 each the going rate? We would be staying 2 nights in Tikal as we are birders, then transfer to Flores around mid-day for a quick look around before an evening flight to GUA.

9. Re: One way trips to Tikal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 31, 2014