We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Healers, Herbal Healing, Study

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach...
reviews: 5
Healers, Herbal Healing, Study

I would like to seek out various herbal healers I have read about in Rough Guide, prior to settling in at Black Rock Lodge for a yoga retreat at the end of Feb. Anyone with experience with this? I imagine I will just arrive in the area for R & R and ask around, but somehow I am getting the picture I will need a rental car (have already ordered a map as suggested on this site). I have lots of experience and professional involvement in this field, just truly like to learn more. Many thanks.

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 211
1. Re: Healers, Herbal Healing, Study

I'd recommend getting in touch with Rosita Arvigo. She has the Ixchel Wellness Center here in Cayo. Also, Don Beto Cocom, who has a medicinal trail here in Bullet Tree Falls. The most well know medicinal trail in Belize. They both studied under Don Elijio Panti, the most brilliant of healers, who did all the herbs himself, and lived to be 103, and was active until he was 101. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elijio_Panti

Dr. Arvigo has written numerous books about the subject, and about Don Panti.

Good luck on your quest!

Virginia Beach...
2. Re: Healers, Herbal Healing, Study

Thank you so much. I would also like to find others in the area, and receive sessions from some if possible. I understand Rosita is not only very busy, but she travels and also is spending a lot of time living in Mexico lately, but perhaps her center is a good start. And thank you for the information about Don Beto.

San Ignacio, Belize
reviews: 18
3. Re: Healers, Herbal Healing, Study

I believe the Garcia sisters in San Antonio also have quite a bit of knowledge about medicinal herbs. I also do believe you will need a rental car to visit the different healers, and medicine plant trails. The Belize Botanical Gardens also have medicinal plant trails.

Virginia Beach...
4. Re: Healers, Herbal Healing, Study

Many thanks! Now just somehow locating them will be the challenge, but when I get there I will scout around.

5. Re: Healers, Herbal Healing, Study

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 31, 2012