We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

Hello just searching for input on Belize shuttles & transfers, have read some reviews but looking for more. I am tentatively reserved with them for the 19th November to San Ignacio and then 23rd to Palencia & then we fly back to the airport. They responded really fast to my emails with great prices but wanted to know if anyone had any comments on their service.

Will also write a report on them once I use them

thanks for all the help

50 replies to this topic
Santa Monica...
reviews: 4
21. Re: Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

We used William's Belize Shuttle (belizeshuttle@yahoo.com) and had an excellent experience. He was an absolute blast, gave us a bunch of local tips (one of which saved us $80 at the airport), and is completely reliable and safe. He gave us a ride from Placencia to the Cayo and then from Cayo to the airport, with the ride itself being as interesting and enjoyable as the scenery. Very highly recommended!

Grand Rapids...
reviews: 4
22. Re: Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

I booked with this company for our upcoming trip relying on trip advisor comments. They were not listed in my travel guide nor on many of the websites I've visited. I appreciate the feedback. Paul was very quick to respond to me as well which I appreciate and am hoping our transfers go smoothly:) And yes, they were the most reasonable price wise as well!

Edited: 3:22 pm, January 24, 2013
Seattle
reviews: 16
23. Re: Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

Is it customary for people to tip the driver, aside fr the agreed upon fee they charge? If so, how much?

Thank you

reviews: 146
24. Re: Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

Yes...particularily if the driver is not the owner of the company. Amounts certainly depend on level of service...ie was he on time, attitude and information shared, some offer water etc. on route and most importantly if you ask for some extras like stopping at shops or minor detours. I had actually forgotten my sneakers at home and upon arrival Teddy with Belize Shuttle owned by William Hofman actually took me to a great place to get a new pair...saved alot of problems for me trying to get a pair on my own.

Seattle
reviews: 16
25. Re: Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

Thanks Gene!

26. Re: Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

Booked, confirmed but no shuttle! And no answer on either of the 2 phone numbers on the website. So who knows?? I had to take a taxi to Cayo.

27. Re: Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

for kymlw...you might want to be more specific on which company you used as a couple of shuttles have been mentioned on this thread. ??

28. Re: Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

Gene - good point. Belize shuttles and transfers. (Not William's).

29. Re: Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

Thank you for the information. It certainly would have surprised me if it was William. Sounds like you handled it but certainly not what one would expect!

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 15
30. Re: Belize Shuttles anyone!!!

We just used William for the second time last week and he was just as awesome as the first time. He is on time, has a great vehicle, and is wildly entertaining. We really enjoy our day with him. He took us to the zoo and to the airport, confirmed travel plans with airline and next hotel and just made the day stress free. Can't recommend him enough. Be careful to book Belize Shuttles and not get confused by any other business using a similar name.

Reply to: Belize Shuttles anyone!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted