We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between resorts?

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 4
Distance between resorts?

Hello, I am trying to see as many places as I can while in the area. My plane does not land until 2:45pm and then I will be getting a rental car. It's looks like the easiest place to get to for a couple nights would be Sleeping Giant? But how far away from other resorts is that? I'd like to see Kaana Resort (they will be closed when I am there but said I could look around), also would like to see Gaia Riverlodge, Blancaneaux, Caves Branch and maybe Mariposa Jungle Lodge. Can I do this in a day?

3 replies to this topic
San Ignacio, Belize
1. Re: Distance between resorts?

Sleeping Giant is about 15-20 minutes outside of Belmopan. It should take you about 1.5-1.75 hours to reach Sleeping Giant from Belize.

In order of logistics from Sleeping Giant is Caves Branch, Blancaneaux, Mariposa, Gaia, Kaana

Doing all in one day is a lot of travelling but possibly doable if you don't spend much time at each location

You will pass the road to Caves Branch on your way from Belize to Sleeping Giant. Caves branch is about 45 minutes from Sleeping Giant

You would then have to head west on the Western Highway towards San Ignacio. When you reach the village of Georgeville you will you’ll see a large overhead sign directing you to turn left toward to Mt. Pine Ridge and Caracol. Ther will also be signs for different accommodations including Mariposa, Gaia and Blancaneaux. I believe the order is Gaia Blancaneaux and then Mariposa. Its about a 10 mile drive in once you turn left off the main highway.

Leaving those locations the same road yout ook in from Georgeville you would follow out towards San Ignacio ( not the same direction you came in from Georgville) You would then make a left on the Western Highway which is the main road (you cant miss it) Follow that straight until you reach Social Security make a right at Social and follow the traffic over a small wooden bridge. You will come to a fork in the road and a market ( farmers style market) will be on the left bear left and follow that road over 2 road bumps. After the second road bump bear left then make a right onto Buena Vista . You will come up a hill pass San Ignacio Resort Hotel on the left. Continue on that road and you will reach the turn to Kaana on your right.

Getting to all locations is very easy, There is only ONE highway that they are all located off of so I hope it didn't sound to confusing. I suggest renting a 4X4 vehicle to navigate the Mountain Pine Ridge area to avoid any issues. Good luck!

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 238
2. Re: Distance between resorts?

I'd spend a full day in MPR. You can see Blancaneaux, Gaia, and HVI, and see the best sites that Belize has to offer while up there. Then spend another day on the others. If you rent a vehicle, it should be equipped enough to deal with the roads.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 4
3. Re: Distance between resorts?

Thank you both, so helpful. How would things change if I decided to stay at Mystic River? Better logistics or worse?

Reply to: Distance between resorts?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted