We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jungle lodges belize

scotland
reviews: 1
jungle lodges belize

In june I will be on honeymoon in Belize. Ive offered to choose and book the jungle part of the honeymoon. We are both pretty active and would like to include hiking, biking, canoeing, and river and cave tubing and not really over visiting the Mayan sites. At the moment I'm considering Chan Chich Lodge for 4 nighs and then Lamanai lodge for 3 both in northern Belize, I had originally considered Hidden Valley Inn in the Cayo district but have since been told that the hotel is "tourist class" and therefore not luxurious. What I would really like to ask is would we be missing out if we did not visit the Cayo district or would Hidden Valley be a better substitue for Lamainain Lodge? I would be very gratefull of your comments as I'm struggling making a decision. Thank you.

Placencia, Belize
reviews: 13
1. Re: jungle lodges belize

Two days ago I was talking to a guy who had stayed at Hidden Valley and thought it was nice, so don't dismiss it out of hand. Often in Belize accommodation is simple but surroundings, location, trips are what you really go for.

The Mountain Pine Ridge is very beautiful and one of my favourite places in Belize. You might like to check out Five Sisters and if you are really feeling like treating yourself, the lovely Blancaneaux. Black Rock is also very attractive.

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 238
2. Re: jungle lodges belize

I would recommend Chaa Creek for a honeymoon. They are the best lodge in Central America, bar none. Was actually there today, and their new pool is spectacular. They have a Natural History Museum on site, many trails, horseback riding, biking, and a great spa. And they are only a couple of miles away from the Belize Botanical Gardens, which I had the pleasure of volunteering at last semester. I take every friend who visits me to the BBG. Chaa Creek is also close to town, in case you wanted to hang out in Cayo.

While I haven't stayed at HVI, I've driven there, and gone to the HV 1000 foot falls, and the drive was long enough for me to pass on ever going there again. Not to mention that the falls, unfortunately, didn't seem to impress me in the least. Although the rest of Mountain Pine Ridge is a must see(Rio On Pools is why I bought a car) You can easily rent a car for one day in Cayo, and see all of MPR.

Congrats, and have an awesome honeymoon!

3. Re: jungle lodges belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 am, November 05, 2009