We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic but Adventurous honeymoon.

St. Croix
reviews: 8
Romantic but Adventurous honeymoon.

We have been looking at booking Blancaneaux lodge for the first part of our Honeymoon in August. I am concerned that it may be too secluded, is this a valid fear?

I have just started looking into Caves Branch as well. Is it even comparable?

We want a nice place to stay, but we are really looking for cave-tubing, ruins, zip line, hikes, etc.

Are there other recommendations - something Fantastic but in between the two?

I feel like I'm missing something.

Minnesota
reviews: 1
1. Re: Romantic but Adventurous honeymoon.

I can't vouch for Blancaneaux Lodge because I haven't been there, but you can read the various trip advisor reviews on this lodge. I can and will vouch for Caves Branch. My wife and I spent a week there a year ago and the facilities, staff, guides, and trips are wonderful. I would recommend the Treehouses for your accommodations, and the Black Hole Drop, Waterfall Caves, and Tube Caving for trips. They also have trip to ruins, including Tikal and Xunantunich. All are excellent. Food is good and plenty as well. Check out the trip advisor reviews before you decide.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
2. Re: Romantic but Adventurous honeymoon.

Two good but different choices. BL is in the Mtn Pine Ridge along a creek with a pool, spa and is much more upscale with greater attention to guests, meals, wines, cabana and ambiance. Close to Caracol and Barton Creek cave. Caves Branch is an adventure lodge with a nearly completed pool and a few nicer new cabanas set apart from the other rooms. Cave tubing and zip lines eminate from here. Plenty of other options in the same area offering the same tours-you can do all these from either lodge.

St. Croix
3. Re: Romantic but Adventurous honeymoon.

We have the 2nd half of our Honeymoon for relaxing... I'm leaning toward Caves Branch -

There's also a pretty significant price difference when you start to add it all up.

We also looked at Ka'ana, but it seems too "sterile" I think.

I love the idea of staying in a "tree-house"

But I'm still keeping an open mind.

Minnesota
reviews: 1
4. Re: Romantic but Adventurous honeymoon.

Which ever you choose, have a great trip and a wonderful honeymoon, (and congrats).

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
5. Re: Romantic but Adventurous honeymoon.

You have it wrong-you would not go to Caves Branch to relax, its an active destination where you would to the tubing-zip and other trips from. Visit Caracol from BL and relax there the rest of your time.

St. Croix
6. Re: Romantic but Adventurous honeymoon.

Katie- I think your read that wrong. I intend to relax on the 2nd 1/2 in San Pedro but do all the active adventure in CAYO in the 1st Half.

I think I wrote it out in an unclear way - sorry.

Louisiana
reviews: 59
7. Re: Romantic but Adventurous honeymoon.

We absolutely loved Pooks Hill. Very neat atmosphere, all of the amenities, incredible service, and just very cool. Here is the website.

http://www.pookshilllodge.com/

8. Re: Romantic but Adventurous honeymoon.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, October 21, 2009