We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transportation from BZE to San Ignacio to Placencia

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 16
Private Transportation from BZE to San Ignacio to Placencia

My flight gets to BZE at 3:30pm. We wanted to visit San Ignacio, and Placencia. We were looking to rent a car at BZE and drive to San Ignacio that night, stay a couple nights and then drive on to Placencia.

We were looking to rent from Crystal, but they emailed me saying during busy season they can't accommodate allowing us to drop our rental car in Placencia.

Anyway, now we are looking at private transportation. Can anyone recommend a great, reliable private transportation company, that will drop us off our hotel in San Ignacio, then a couple of days later drive us from San Ignacio to Placencia?

We were originally wanting to go straight from BZE to Placencia - but we figure we might as well stop in San Ignacio - rather than pay $$$ for excursions going out their for the Mayan sites anyway.

Edited: 8:18 pm, January 15, 2013
reviews: 168
1. Re: Private Transportation from BZE to San Ignacio to Placencia

I can unconditionally recommend Belize Shuttle. William Hofman is the owner. He was recommended here on TA and we used him for just the trips you are describing. It is expensive but your most reliable and enjoyable to see the country. Just google his name and his email will pop up. He is very prompt at replies. Good luck.

Minneapolis...
2. Re: Private Transportation from BZE to San Ignacio to Placencia

As a point of comparison to William you can also try Yute Expeditions. They are very responsive and reliable.

Jim Bendt - Owner, Travel Beyond

Belize
3. Re: Private Transportation from BZE to San Ignacio to Placencia

a) William’s Belize Shuttle, www.parrot-nest.com/belize_shuttle.html

b) Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours,

discountedbelizeshuttlesandtours.com/index.h…

Seattle
reviews: 16
4. Re: Private Transportation from BZE to San Ignacio to Placencia

Thank you so much everyone! I will be sure to look into the three mentioned. I am so excited to go to Belize. :)

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 238
5. Re: Private Transportation from BZE to San Ignacio to Placencia

Some friends and I just used William again the other day, and it was a comfortable, safe ride, like always.

Agawam...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Private Transportation from BZE to San Ignacio to Placencia

William Hofman was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

Belize
reviews: 11
7. Re: Private Transportation from BZE to San Ignacio to Placencia

William Belize Shuttle or Mayan Heart World Shuttle Service http://www.mayanheartworld.net

for Private and Reliable shuttle to and from San Ignacio.

8. Re: Private Transportation from BZE to San Ignacio to Placencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 23, 2014