We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of year to go to Belize?

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Best time of year to go to Belize?

We are a family of 4 with 2 kids- 10 & 13, and are looking into a jungle and beach trip- maybe Chaa Creek and then AC or Placencia. Would like to avoid rainy season. What time of year has best weather? Our choices look like July, late November, or April. Thanks so much!

Belize
1. Re: Best time of year to go to Belize?

Of those months, late November might be the wettest, with April definitely being the driest. July is a toss-up -- some years wet, some years dry.

Edited: 12:30 pm, February 01, 2012
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 148
2. Re: Best time of year to go to Belize?

We've visited twice so far July/August 2003 and August 2009; we're heading back early August. Rains have fallen almost exclusively at night in our experience and it tends not to be as hot as April/May. 09 was less hot and barely rained at all. There's a risk of hurricanes June - November but it's small.

Placencia, Belize
reviews: 13
3. Re: Best time of year to go to Belize?

I'd go for April has some of the most glorious weather of the year as a rule. I prefer the spring and summer in Belize cos the winter months can be a bit cold in my view, but July might be a bit hot for you. Rain never almost never stops play, so I wouldn't take that into account.

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 238
4. Re: Best time of year to go to Belize?

I'd also recommend April if you really wanted to do your best to avoid rainfall. But as mentioned above, rarely does rain stop anyone from doing anything.

Belize
5. Re: Best time of year to go to Belize?

If you go in April, I would avoid the Easter weekend -- April 6 to 9.

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
6. Re: Best time of year to go to Belize?

Yes, maybe even avoid the full 2 weeks of Easter holidays. Good call Mister B.

Denver, Colorado
7. Re: Best time of year to go to Belize?

Thank you everyone... April it will be, and will try my best to avoid the Easter holiday.

Whittier, California
8. Re: Best time of year to go to Belize?

Has anyone gone to Belize at Christmas time? Any input on this?

Belize
9. Re: Best time of year to go to Belize?

Weather is generally good (warm to hot days and cool nights), but cold fronts from the north can bring cooler temperatures and some rain (about once every 10 days). I remember a couple of drizzly Christmases.

It also tends to be a busy tourist time so might be wise to book accommodation in advance.

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
10. Re: Best time of year to go to Belize?

Inland, it can get cold at night. Not freezing, but cold. Great for bonfires. Every year it gets a little cooler. It great to have a change of seasons, even if it's only for a few weeks.

Edited: 6:45 pm, May 18, 2012