We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize City

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Davie, Florida
reviews: 2
Belize City

I am getting the impression that Belize city is not safe. Please comment.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
1. Re: Belize City

I live here and move about in most areas freely and comfortably day and night. That being said, there are areas I would not walk alone in the day or night, and some places I'd be cautious of at night only. Like many other cities. Most of the violence is between gang members, but other crime is equal opportunity. Visit the Musuem of Belize, House of Culture, Image Factory Art gallery, have lunch at Neri's for great local food. Reality is Belize City is a close knit community made up of many good hard working and talented people.

Florida
reviews: 7
2. Re: Belize City

If Belize City is where the Cruise Ship stops, my girlfriend and I walked all over the city by ourselves, just 2 females alone, and although we were outnumbered men to women and we surely LOOKED like tourists, I NEVER felt threatened once. No one bothered us at all, and many took a moment to smile or nod as if to say, enjoy our city.

Nebraska
3. Re: Belize City

Amen to that Luv2Travel, amen to that. BTW, in another post you asked about SONNY, the cab driver and your last experience with him. There was a SONNY inside the tourism village - tall afro-Belizean who worked with the local taxi/tour guide group there. Good guide, I gather. If it was him, you'll certainly find him easily when you come ashore; if it was another SONNY outside the village, then go to Terminal One and go outside, and ask around. They are pretty helpful out there. Good luck.

Florida
reviews: 7
4. Re: Belize City

yes, tall man, walk outside the terminal, go to the right, past all the tables with vendors, and towards the jewelry store. I pray to find him again..... knew EVERYTHING about beautiful Belize and was a pleasure to be with!

5. Re: Belize City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, September 11, 2009