We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging with a sunset view in Caye Caulker????

Boise, Idaho...
reviews: 15
Lodging with a sunset view in Caye Caulker????

Anyone recommend a location with a good SUNSET view!? Everything I'm finding so far is more ideal for a sunrise view.

Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
reviews: 1
1. Re: Lodging with a sunset view in Caye Caulker????

From most of the research I've done, I believe the Iguana Reef is on the side of the island that would be a sunset view.

alberta
reviews: 84
2. Re: Lodging with a sunset view in Caye Caulker????

Sea Dreams Hotel :-)

Boise, Idaho...
3. Re: Lodging with a sunset view in Caye Caulker????

Thank you! I'll check into those.

Any other suggestions?

Boulder, Colorado
reviews: 18
4. Re: Lodging with a sunset view in Caye Caulker????

The 'sunrise' side (East) is where the water taxi arrives/departs and where most of the shops, restaurants and hotels are. The backside 'sunset' (West) side is not set up for visitors and has some of the infrastructure and construction facilities. Perhaps a hotel in the middle might work?

Ontario Canada
reviews: 2
5. Re: Lodging with a sunset view in Caye Caulker????

Caye Reef, close to the spit. Clean and large accomodations!

Boise, Idaho...
6. Re: Lodging with a sunset view in Caye Caulker????

Hi again...I should've specified a price range...I was looking for budget...UNDER $100 US per night.

Thanks for the suggestions, but so far they've been more than I planned on spending. I found a place called the Leeside Rooms...anyone know of this place?

Caye Caulker, Belize
reviews: 17
7. Re: Lodging with a sunset view in Caye Caulker????

Caye Caulker Plaza hotel might work in your budget...and there are a few other places that are private home rentals too. Check Bobbi at Caye Caulker Accomodations...Kim at Caye Caulker Rentals...China Town Hotel....Frenchie at Ocean Pearl....Heidi and Haywood at Sea Dreams...ohhh...and Neno at Tsunami Adventures. Just a heads up...the reason why this list is a bit lengthy is the fact that Caye Caulker is for most part...only a few city blocks wide....so...elevation is what you might want to look for instead of actually being on the west side of the Caye.

Edited: 5:44 am, March 17, 2014
Boise, Idaho...
8. Re: Lodging with a sunset view in Caye Caulker????

Awesome! Thank you!!

Reply to: Lodging with a sunset view in Caye Caulker????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted