We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

Ramat Hasharon...
Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

Any parties or bars? If so is there one every day or events on specific ones?

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 238
1. Re: Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

I&I bar is a great spot. The Split bar, the Lazy Lizard, is great during the day. At night there it gets really shady, so I would call it a night after 10. Do not go to Oceanside.

Ramat Hasharon...
2. Re: Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

Amazing thanks! ;)

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 25
3. Re: Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

We went to Ocean side ?.... A little scetchy but no problems. Sports bar is also good. As for going home by 10 pm ?? Why it's all good . Keep your wits about you and have fun!

Bobcaygeon, Canada
reviews: 5
4. Re: Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

Barrier Reef Sports Bar is great...they have a Trivia night and the Friday Jam session is awesome. They have many TV's to catch your favourite football game, etc. We went to Oceanside - okay but just don't socialize with the Rastas...they will hound you for drinks and get pretty aggressive. If you want lots of night life, Caye Caulker is not the place for you !

Merida, Mexico
5. Re: Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

Not Much Of a nigthlife, is a relaxing place, Not nigth party at all. Thats the true.

Cincinnati, Ohio
6. Re: Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

My favorite was Oceanside - not sure why people would say not to go there. I guess it all depends on what you are used to or feel comfortable with. Reggae music/Karaoke, cheap drinks, fun local people and culture. I loved it. I & I Reggae bar is cool, I just wished they actually played or had some Reggae the times I visited there. It was mostly disco fever whenever I went.

Oceanside stays open late...

Ottawa, Kansas
reviews: 1
7. Re: Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

I and I was VERY loud, couldn't even talk there. Oceanside seemed to be a favorite of locals and they had good music. At the split at night we had the best time. Good music, breezes, the smell of the water - who wants to be stuck INSIDE a bar when your on a warm island?

Ottawa, Kansas
reviews: 1
8. Re: Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

Call it a night at 10? Really? Whenz the last time you really went there? Me thinks youre commenting on "all" the posts and a master of knowledge on nothing really

Kansas City...
reviews: 11
9. Re: Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

Caulker is not a party place and I hope it never will be. Noise and rowdy BS would just ruin the place. It is laid back. Quiet. If you want to party stay in the Riviera Maya or Cancun... leave Caulker alone. That is my rant.

There are a few places that stay open for libations. Oceanside, I&I, and even Pizza Caulker is a good place to throw back some beers. But please don't be ugly. Drunk people are just ugly. Period.

Also, there is little tolerance for bad behavior on Caulker. The police will jail you. Arguments with the locals is a recipe for disaster. And yes, there are a couple of aggressive Rasta men that try to pick fights with anyone and everyone when they are drunk on Cashew Wine. If you give in to their provocations, your trip is over.

The better option is to keep your mouth shut. Even better, have your last few drinks at your house/hotel.

brescia
reviews: 4
10. Re: Nightlife in Caye Caulker?

And I confirm too the story about rasta guys. Stay away from them.

Edited: 12:46 pm, February 01, 2014