We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raggamuffin or Carlos Tours?

Asheville
reviews: 14
Raggamuffin or Carlos Tours?

Coming in few weeks. Both seem to have good trips and wonder what the big difference is between both - pros and cons. Thanks to all who respond.

Waco, Texas
reviews: 7
1. Re: Raggamuffin or Carlos Tours?

In all fairness, I have not been on Ragamuffin, but that was our intention. Our realtors , recommended Carols so we went with him instead. Had a FABULOUS time and loved the small group. Am returning next week with my two teenage daughters and as protective mom, feel very comfortable going out with Carlos again. So knowledgeable and informative!

Caye Chapel, Belize
reviews: 4
2. Re: Raggamuffin or Carlos Tours?

Mario's is who I've used for the past two months. His shop is one block south of Carlo's shop. I like the more intimate atmosphere he offers. 6 person max... Anything more seems like chaos and can be very annoying. He is inexpensive and one of the original snorkel shops.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Raggamuffin or Carlos Tours?

I used Raggamuffin for snorkeling the Hol Chan & a manatee viewing trip which included more snorkeling. For the manatees, the captain turns off the engine & "steers" the boat w/ a long, wooden stick. Both trips were really enjoyable. The crew are professional & friendly. For the Hol Chan, there may have been 12 of us & only about 6 for the manatees. The water is amazing!

Grayling
reviews: 4
4. Re: Raggamuffin or Carlos Tours?

Carlos is the best. We had a great day. With 4 times in the water to snorkel. So much I got tired.

Beware of Ragamuffin. Booked a trip and paid $150 to hold for 2. Backed out days before and was told if they filled the trip I would get a refund. Met 2 girls that went on the trip and they emailed and said the trip was full. Still no refund or answer to emails to Ragamuffin money takers. Not a good way to do business.

Beware!

Canada
reviews: 36
5. Re: Raggamuffin or Carlos Tours?

We loved our tour with Carlos and Romero in April 2012.

I've heard really good things about Ragamuffin as well from people we met there that did tours with them.

Raggamuffin, I believe, often uses sail boats, whereas Carlos uses a speedboat. This appealed more to my partner, as she "feels the waves" more in a sail boat vs. a speedboat. So, if the mode of transport (sail vs. engine) appeals to you one way or the other more, that could be a deciding factor.

Some things we really enjoyed about Carlos: his humour, his laid back approach, yet still felt very safe, and his underwater photography skills and the opportunity to purchase those photos following the trip!

6. Re: Raggamuffin or Carlos Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 27, 2014