We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caye caulker beaches

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 1
Caye caulker beaches

Is the entire shoreline of caye caulker considered public? can one walk anywhere on the beaches without being told to leave? how about fishing along the shore without being harassed?

Thanks,

John, Denver, co

Davie, Florida
reviews: 2
1. Re: Caye caulker beaches

dont beleive there are any beaches on CC

Denver, Colorado
2. Re: Caye caulker beaches

Ok. Let's use shoreline instead of beach.

Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
3. Re: Caye caulker beaches

The entire coast/shore is public. I spend more time on Ambergris, you can certainly wade in and fish pretty much any place. However, some docks have 'no fishing' signs posted. I would guess it's similar on Caulker.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 25
4. Re: Caye caulker beaches

Great question John b. Do you no how the fishing is from shore or dock ?

Denver, Colorado
5. Re: Caye caulker beaches

Don't know about fishing as I've not been to CC.

But i've fished many of the cayes in Belize and always done well. Have never had a bad guide and have used many. Love the country!

Airfares, however, are out of sight. I remember flying from Denver to Belize City for close to $400. Now it is about $800!

Kalama
reviews: 27
6. Re: Caye caulker beaches

There's not a lot of beach here on the island. Some of the hotels own the beach fronts, but some can be walked on and lounged upon (not very common). There is some docks you can fish from...bring your equipment and GO FOR IT. This island is very laid back!!

Northern BC
reviews: 11
7. Re: Caye caulker beaches

Hi we have fished many times off the dock near our hotel Kokomo Beach Suites and have caught a variety of fish from snappers to barracuda, usually at night :)

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 3
8. Re: Caye caulker beaches

KMACKAY- did you bring fishing gear or rent on the Caye?

Caye Chapel, Belize
reviews: 4
9. Re: Caye caulker beaches

I fly fish at the split, the express water taxi dock and off the back side near Belize diving services. Bonefish and occasionally a small tarpon. Hand lining off the west supply dock gets me snapper for dinner. Sardines are 6 for a dollar, hand line can be bought for $20 US at the fishing shop on west dock street.

I've been here two months, I've walked and fished everywhere as though it were my own yard. Occasionally I find a gated shoreline and have never been denied access when I've asked.

Beaches are "ok"... There is a lot of seagrass so you'll end up swimming at the split with everyone else.

Go slow is the motto and no one cares so long as your respectful.

10. Re: Caye caulker beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, July 09, 2013