We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Belize City to Caye Caulker

Montrose, CO
reviews: 6
Ferry from Belize City to Caye Caulker

I have heard that you can easily take a ferry from Belize City instead of

flying to the islands. Has anyone done this and how easy is it with kids and luggage?

Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 10
1. Re: Ferry from Belize City to Caye Caulker

I've never done it because the flight is just too short and easy. However, from the airport, ask a cab driver to take you to the water taxi terminal. I think it costs about $20.00 for the cab ride. The water taxi takes about 45 minutes, but they're usually open boats and if the weather is bad, you will get wet. There is space for luggage. I'm not sure if the last water taxi is at 4:30 or 5:30pm.

Caye Caulker, Belize
reviews: 1
2. Re: Ferry from Belize City to Caye Caulker

The boat ride is 45 minutes long and costs $17.50 U.S. per person, round trip. On a good day, it is quite scenic and beautiful. Hundreds of people take the water taxis daily.

Flights are much more expensive. If you fly directly from the International Airport to Caye Caulker, it would cost you $103 U.S. per person, round trip. You might also want to consider taking a cab to Belize City and then a flight to CC from the Municipal Airport instead. This reduces the price of the flight by about 50%.

Thanks and cheers,

Wendy Auxillou

Auxillou Beach Suites

www.auxilloubeachsuites.com