We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belizean Shores

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dryden, Canada
reviews: 1
Belizean Shores

We have booked a trip in early March and what I have noticed is that nobody ever talks about walking into San Pedro. I assume this is possible as people rent golf carts to get there. I would appreciate if someone can shed some light on this as I am an avid daily walker and would like to know if it would be safe to walk by myself. Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
1. Re: Belizean Shores

During the day you can certainly walk from Belizean Shores to town. It is several miles though. Actually, my husband and I sometimes take the water taxi several miles north and bar hop/walk/eat our way back to town.

Santa Clara...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Belizean Shores

We were there last week and did talk to some people that walked to town and took the water taxi back. Biking along the beach takes ~ 45mins - so extrapolate that for your walking. It seemed safe and folks biked during daylight but the resort workers from points even further north "commuted" along the beach on their bikes day and night. We also saw some workers on motorbikes/dirt bike along the sand. I don't know if I would walk after dark all the way to and from town. We walked around the neighboring resorts at night.

Edited: 10:53 pm, January 27, 2014
Reply to: Belizean Shores
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted