We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 hour arrival at BZE

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tulsa
reviews: 2
3 hour arrival at BZE

I am trying to book a group trip and on our return flight from san pedro BZE tropic air is trying to make us be at the international airport 3 HOURS before our planes are scheduled to leave. WHAT!!! I have traveled quite a bit around the globe and I have never been asked to be there that early. tropic air is all but refusing to book our flights any later. Could someone shed some light on this? Does it really take that long to get checked in?? I ahve been to Belize 5 times before and never had this problem

13 replies to this topic
North Liberty, Iowa
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
1. Re: 3 hour arrival at BZE

I've always arrived two hours before our scheduled international flights. That said, just in the past several weeks, the recommendation has changed to three hours. There are a few more flights than there used to be, might be related to that.

I haven't bought my return tickets yet, I'm guessing we'll follow the recommendation.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
reviews: 6
2. Re: 3 hour arrival at BZE

Is your international flight with Delta that could be why. It could also be partly if your group is a larger one.

This info is direct from the airlines: Tropic Air Reservations staff always advise to keep the 3 hours ahead especially in busy season; however, at least a minimum of a full 2hrs ahead and not less than the 2 hrs. They are also saying for international flights with Delta Airlines the full 3hrs is a MUST requirement.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
3. Re: 3 hour arrival at BZE

Laurie - Do you have a recommendation, then, for this woman whose husband has apparently allowed just an hour and 20 minutes between their international arrival from Roatán and a Delta flight heading back to the US? Any chance, or should they try to pay to switch flights now?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291959-i1455-k712…

Ontario Canada
4. Re: 3 hour arrival at BZE

It's possible that the people in transit from Roatan to the US may stay on the 'secure' side at BZE. In most countries where I've been in transit, that is the case. The exception, of course, is the United States.

It will be interesting to hear how this goes.

Edited: 10:09 am, January 21, 2014
San Pedro, Belize
reviews: 10
5. Re: 3 hour arrival at BZE

All of the international airlines that fly to the states from Belize are beginning to require a two hour check in at Belize international. As stated Delta is the most strict at this time. They will close the flight in Atlanta one hour 30 minutes before the flight and nothing can be changed in Belize.

Tropic can help you to change flights most times if they have space.

In high season I like to be a bit early over being too late.

Hermosa Beach...
reviews: 36
6. Re: 3 hour arrival at BZE

According to Delta's website - the required check in time is 60 minutes prior to flight and BZE is not listed as an exception....

delta.com/content/…requirements.html

Upstate NY
reviews: 13
7. Re: 3 hour arrival at BZE

According to the site, the recommended arrival time prior to an international flight is 3 hours.

Hermosa Beach...
8. Re: 3 hour arrival at BZE

Yes, I was speaking to the requirements, which were being discussed above, not the recommendations.

Edited: 10:26 am, February 01, 2014
Hermosa Beach...
9. Re: 3 hour arrival at BZE

Yes, I was speaking to the requirements not the recommendations.

Belmont Shore, CA
10. Re: 3 hour arrival at BZE

I'm scheduled to fly out on a 10:20 flight back to LAX, I have an 0800 flight out of San Pedro to get me into Belize City at 08:17, just over two hours before my flight. I feel comfortable with that but if it's a requirement will I get bumped?

Edited: 11:28 am, February 01, 2014
Reply to: 3 hour arrival at BZE
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted