We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 95
Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

My wife and my parents are about to book a 10-day trip to AC for March of next year. It will be our first time in Belize and, though we are a bit worried about the whole no-sandy-beaches thing, we're going to take a risk and try some place new. My parents are avid divers, too. So, it will be great for that.

Though we aren't usually the resort type, we're going to stay at The Phoenix. We want a 2 or 3 bedroom suite, and we're wondering whether or not either of those have 2 bathrooms?

Also, does anyone have any advice about particular suites with the best location/views/etc?

Thanks in advance!

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
reviews: 7
1. Re: Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

Yes on 2 bathrooms. They all have a pretty good view, let reservations if you want to be closer to the water versus more on the pool. Higher up is nice view for pictures and watching the sun rise.

San Diego, CA
reviews: 39
2. Re: Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

I prefer 2nd floor building C. Least desirable would be building A. All have 2 baths. There is a great dive shop 10 yards south called Ecologic.

Buffalo, NY
reviews: 103
3. Re: Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

We have stayed at the Phoenix twice and are going back next week. Both the two and three bedroom units have 2 full baths. We stayed in a 2-BR last year. The master bath is huge - 2 sinks, separate jacuzzi tub, walk in shower. The guest bath is plenty big, too (large walk in shower and single sink). My husband and I loved having our own bathrooms on vacation (no discussions about who gets the shower first). All of the buildings have views of the Caribbean. We were in A8 last year, and loved the room.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 95
4. Re: Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

Thanks, everyone! We booked our trip today, and got a 2 BR on the 2nd floor in a beachfront building. Can't wait!

Verona
reviews: 1
5. Re: Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

No beachfront 3 br suites at Phoenix?

Verona
6. Re: Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

No beachfront 3br suites at Phoenix?

Buffalo, NY
7. Re: Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

We just got back from the Phoenix. The beachfront suites are one and two bedroom. We stayed in a 2 BR beachfront, and while the view was very nice, you really aren't losing much by staying in a beachview. We've also stayed in beachview rooms, and they really do have a very nice view of the sea.

Verona
8. Re: Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

Thanks - that's kind of the sense we got too.

Did you enjoy the Phoenix? Were they helpful getting you from the airport?

Buffalo, NY
9. Re: Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

We love The Phoenix; this was our third visit (we've stayed in a different unit each time). The staff will take care of all your needs. We had them book our Tropic Air flights roundtrip from Belize City to San Pedro. Everything was reserved perfectly. Once in San Pedro, we simply caught a cab and once at The Phoenix, they paid the cab driver for us. It worked the same way on the way back to the airport, although my husband did tip the cab driver a few bucks for carrying our bags into the "terminal." The cab ride from the airport to the Phoenix is quite short - probably around 3/4 mile. But you don't want to be schlepping your bags through town in the heat, so the cab ride is a nice perk.

The units are amazing. I travel a lot for work, and these are by far the best appointed suites I've ever stayed in. The pools are beautiful (where else do you find a lap pool), and there is even a small gym that we used every day.

Verona
10. Re: Questions about suites at The Phoenix resort?

Appreciate all the good feedback - this is a family vacation for my grown kids and their (and my) significant others. Reading your comments, I'm really looking forward to January!

Any reason to be concerned about safety in Belize? My son jhas been there previously and said Belize City is not so good.

Thanks,

George