We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing Flight Departure to San Pedro

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galveston Island...
reviews: 19
Timing Flight Departure to San Pedro

How much time is needed from landing at Belize International Airport to arriving at Tropic Air at Belize Municipal? There's a significant money savings as our family has done this before. I just cannot remember how much time is suggested between landing and taking off? Perhaps 2 1/2 hours, just to be safe? So, landing at Int'l at 2:30...we should reserve flights leaving Municipal for San Pedro at about ??

San Diego, CA
reviews: 33
1. Re: Timing Flight Departure to San Pedro

I always book the next avaiable flight--if you land at 2:30 I would book 3:00 or what ever is the next flight. Tropic will just put you on the next flight.

North Liberty, Iowa
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
2. Re: Timing Flight Departure to San Pedro

The OP needs to get to Municipal. I'd probably give it 90 minutes. If you were flying from BZE, Tropic wants you to allow 45 minutes. I'd double that for Muni.

San Pedro, Belize
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 65
3. Re: Timing Flight Departure to San Pedro

If you plan to fly out of municipal to save money, flights depart :30 minna past the hour every hour, travel time is approximately :30 mins, and you need to check in :30 mins b4 your flight, most resorts will book this all got you including a taxi driver if you like with no extra fees, at least I've always done so. So, the :90 min advise to 2 hours is correct.

San Pedro, Belize
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 65
4. Re: Timing Flight Departure to San Pedro

If you plan to fly out of municipal to save money, flights depart :30 mins past the hour every hour, travel time is approximately :30 mins, and you need to check in :30 mins b4 your flight, most resorts will book this all for you including a taxi driver if you like with no extra fees, at least I've always done so. So, the :90 min advise to 2 hours is correct.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 89
5. Re: Timing Flight Departure to San Pedro

how much cheaper are the flights out of municipal than BZE?

North Liberty, Iowa
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
6. Re: Timing Flight Departure to San Pedro

One way before taxes/fees is US$72.00 from BZE to San Pedro, for both adults and children

From Municipal, one way is US$41.50 for adults. US$29.00 for kids.

I'm not sure how much taxes and fees are.

Check out Tropic's website for more info.

https://www.tropicair.com/en-us/home.aspx

Houston, Texas
reviews: 89
7. Re: Timing Flight Departure to San Pedro

Savings isnt to great. To save the hassle I would just fly out from BZE.

8. Re: Timing Flight Departure to San Pedro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 09, 2014