We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay help

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lafayette...
reviews: 18
where to stay help

We are a family of four (our children are 17 and 20). I'm considering the following places and would love feed back. Pelican Reef Villas, The Palms, Grand Caribe Condos, Tara del Sol.

We will be staying 10 nights and will go on a few tours (mayan ruins, snorkeling etc..) We are very active and like to have restaurants easily accessible. My son thinks it will be a blast to drive the golf carts, we enjoy walking on the beach, swimming in pools and ocean, snorkeling, volleyball and other sports, kayaking etc... I'm sure we will go into town a few of the nights and check out the night life. We also like to relax and read by the pool. Big crowded places are not our thing, even though we don't mind visiting a busy city we wouldn't want to stay in one.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

North Liberty, Iowa
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
1. Re: where to stay help

Pelican Reef villas are nice condos. Balconies are really small though. I'm usually by there in the morning's, I would suspect the pool would be somewhat shaded. About three miles south of town.

The Palms is right in town, if you fly on Tropic Air to get to the island, you wouldn't even need a cab to get to the Palms (unless you're loaded down with luggage). It's only a couple of blocks. Pool is in back and tiny, but, nicely landscaped. You're right next door to Ramon's, which has one of the nicest beaches on the island.

Grand Caribe is a full service resort. Several pools. Restaurant on site. Very nice condos. A couple of miles north of town.

Tara del Sol is about 2 1/2 miles south of town. I don't know much about them. The condos look nice when I walk by, and seem to have a good occupancy rate.

I'd try and find a place that has kayaks available, since you said you want to do that. I'm pretty sure Pelican Reef does, not sure about the others, although I'd guess Grand Caribe would as well.

Of those you mention, Grand Caribe will be the busiest, since, it's the largest. That said, it's not like the place is packed with people whenever I've walked by.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
reviews: 7
2. Re: where to stay help

With four people the full condo's with laundry room at Grand Caribe are handy. They will even do the wash for you if you do not want to, laundry room has two entrances one from your condo and one from outside so they will not disturb you. Great pool too and nice stretch of beach.

Layton, Utah
reviews: 120
3. Re: where to stay help

We stayed in a two bedroom condo at Pelican Reef and loved it. It even had its own washer and dryer in the condo (they even provided soap). Full kitchen and large dining area if you want to cook. Breakfast was included with our package and was delicious.

The condo had large leather couches and a large DVD library to borrow from.

They have free bikes and kayaks that you can check out.

The pool is a bit small but right next to the beach if you looking to really swim. A nice dock that will allow you to get out past the sea grass.

The staff went out of their way to make everything prefect.

4. Re: where to stay help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, April 09, 2013
5. Re: where to stay help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 10, 2014