We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fhishing from Ambergris?

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, Michigan
reviews: 13
fhishing from Ambergris?

We are traveling to Belize in a couple of weeks. My husband is an avid fisherman and would like to do some bone/flat fishing. Any recommendations of a guide that would be family friendly, meaning my daughter and I are not as in to fishing so we need someone that will be more patient with us, have fun etc. Thanks!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
1. Re: fhishing from Ambergris?

Many great guides on the caye, google Go Fish for starters

BC
reviews: 64
2. Re: fhishing from Ambergris?

Try this, it will answer most questions also

I booked a guide through these people a couple years ago and all was good

http://www.belizefly.com/

Illinois
reviews: 15
3. Re: fhishing from Ambergris?

Bone fishing can be done from shore with out a guide - going south or north from town. My husband (in April 2012) caught some really nice bones right in front of Miramir Condos - and as for a guide Capital Abel is really good. So is Abby Marin.

If he is bringing his own gear - I suggest trying from shore - its fun a cheap

Boston...
reviews: 2
4. Re: fhishing from Ambergris?

Does anyone know how the flats fishing is in January? Seems like it is slower then, but I will be on winter break and want to go for bones. I, too, am an avid saltwater( striper) fisherman. Thanks...

BC
reviews: 64
5. Re: fhishing from Ambergris?

We were there beginning of Feb and there was lots of bones south of town

Just walk up and down the beach you see them tailing in the shallows then you can hit then on the head with your fly and scare them off just like me...lol

Boston...
reviews: 2
6. Re: fhishing from Ambergris?

Thanks, that gives me hope!

7. Re: fhishing from Ambergris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 21, 2013