We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize Wedding > Feedback on Journey's End/Las Terrazas

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Belize Wedding > Feedback on Journey's End/Las Terrazas

Hi,

I'm in the process of planning a destination wedding for next spring/summer (09) and am considering Las Terrazas / Journey's End on Ambergris Caye. Las Terrazas is very new (owned by the same houston company as Journey's End), so there are no reviews for this property yet. As the reviews for Journey's End are very mixed, I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who has planned a wedding or event with Journey's End. Appreciate any thoughts/advice. Thanks so much!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
1. Re: Belize Wedding > Feedback on Journey's End/Las Terrazas

Las Terrazzas is their new condo project, looks fine, not sure who the mgmt is handling the property. JE has seen much better days and the mixed reviews are a good reflection of how the property is managed and a heads up to look at other options.

New York
2. Re: Belize Wedding > Feedback on Journey's End/Las Terrazas

Thanks Katie! Appreciate your feedback on Journey's End.

california
3. Re: Belize Wedding > Feedback on Journey's End/Las Terrazas

Hi,

i'm here in Belize San Pedro on my honeymoon, and could wait to post how great this place is.

As I was planning I was undecided between Journey end and Belize Legacy Resort. And am very greatful we CHose Belize Legacy much nicer, and exactly as it is on their web page, and every day I go pass Journeý's End, as it is on my way to town. And did like it as much, looks old.

Now today we were invited to go see some timershare thing at CAPTAIN MORGANS REsort and first of all the name of the resort did not appeal to me, but once there it is quit NICE, the owners live there they have a house behind the villas, whom are american, and their daughter is in charge of the DAY SPA and the weddings, and they look VERY well organized plus the resort looks very youthful clean and new, totally recommend.

ALSO recommend very much BElize Legacy REsort NEW clean, beautiful BEACH CLEAN. The only thing it's about 4 miles further north from journey's end, the resort has free water taxi service daily, or u can rent a golf cart, bumpy road, but nice adventurous ride.

If you do decide 4 Journey's ENDA DO NOT CHOOSE LAGOON VIEW ROOMS, old building the lagoon not that nice to have as a view, BEACH is MUCH BETTER!!!!

Houston, Texas
reviews: 50
4. Re: Belize Wedding > Feedback on Journey's End/Las Terrazas

We watched a wedding at the Belize Legacy on Saturday night. It was amazing and much more well planned and carried out than any other destination wedding I have seen (even my own)

Might consider looking there.

Beverly Hills...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Belize Wedding > Feedback on Journey's End/Las Terrazas

I highly reccomend a wedding in Journey's end and stay at Las Terrazas. The facility for staying at Las Terrazas is highly superior to any adjacent resort. I did not like the rooms in Journey's end but did witness a wedding there which was very well organized and absolutely breathtaking, except for the rain that ruined the last part of the reception.

6. Re: Belize Wedding > Feedback on Journey's End/Las Terrazas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 04, 2009