We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LatinDestinations

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kam1@jhu.edu
LatinDestinations

Has anyone booked through LatinDestinations? Any comments/concerns? Has anyone done the Ambergris/Tikal package? It sounds wonderful, and I'm wondering how many days 7-9 would be appropriate? We are advanced divers, swimmers, and hikers/nature enthusiasts, and very interested in Maya culture.

Spokane, Washington
reviews: 22
1. Re: LatinDestinations

I also want to book a trip through LatinDestinations, a Costa Rican vacation and am just want some feedback on the site. So if anyone has used it please tell us if they were a reliable booking site! Thanks!

New Jersey
reviews: 22
2. Re: LatinDestinations

I am also looking through them. I can tell you that I have booked 4 vacations through their sister site, BeachDestination.com and it has been fine. They are the same company and I have no concerns about them.

Kam1, I am attending my 15 yr reunion this weekend...go Jays...

new york
reviews: 1
3. Re: LatinDestinations

I tried to book a package through latin destinations and did not have a pleasant experience.

They took nearly a week to get back to me after I booked meanwhile the prices of the airfare kept going up and the room I originally wanted got taken. I was able to book all portions of my trip on my own in 10 minutes while latin destinations took over a week and they still never completed the booking.

Also they appear to be a rip off. The hotel offered the 7th night free however latin destinations did not pass this on to me, if I didn't cancel my booking through them and contact the hotel myself they would have kept the extra night's worth of money!

Try to see if you can book your own flight and contact the hotels you're interested in, most likely they can make all the same arrangements in less time and for less money.

New York, New York
reviews: 1
4. Re: LatinDestinations

I booked a trip for this July through latin destinations and had an absoltuely wonderful experice! They did take a few days to get back to us on confirming our trip, but this was due to the Easter holiday & most places are closed there. The trip went so smoothly -- all of our transfers worked out perfectly (we did the Ambergrise Caye & Tikal 7 day package). We had drivers take us to Guatamala from Belize airport & were worried how it would go and it went so smoothly. The tour operator in Guatamal, Clark Tours was excellant.

As far as the number of days, we did 7 days and it was perfect -- 4 nights in Ambergrise Caye and 2 nights/3 days in Tikal adn 1 in Guatamala city to go home. We could have stayed longer in Ambergrise Caye, but 3 days in Tikal was perfect. We arrived at Tikal around 3 pm, had a late lunch & arranged a zip lining (canapy tour). The next day, we went to Tikal and took a tour & the day we were leaving we took a tour of Flores, caves & the zoo. We saw everything in Tikal & it was absolutely amzing, but you don't need more than 2 full days there. Unless you stay in Flores, not much to do outside your resort and the days are so active that you are exhausted anyway.

Phladelphia, PA
reviews: 12
5. Re: LatinDestinations

Just returned from CR booked through LatinDestinations. Had no problems, transportation was timely and courteous. Great trip!

Davie, Florida
reviews: 2
6. Re: LatinDestinations

why not book yourself, its really easy.

San Pedro, Belize
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 68
7. Re: LatinDestinations

You could book yourself, but if it is your first time traveling you might prefer the structure of booking through a tour operator. Latin Destinations has been around a long time, I have done lots of business with them over the past 5 years, and have not heard anything negative. They can package everything up for you, I would take 9 nights if you can swing it.

reviews: 2
8. Re: LatinDestinations

I've also used their sister site Europeandestinations. Everything worked out perfectly for us. The site is also great to use just to get ideas of hotels and transportation. You can always use the schedule that they suggest and check out pricing on your own directly through the hotels or transportation companies.

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 229
9. Re: LatinDestinations

Here's another vote for booking it yourself. Belize is small and friendly, and most places are used to dealing directly with the clients. If you want some ideas of itineraries, here is a good TA link: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291959-i1455-k309…

Good luck!

San Ignacio, Belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Cayo
reviews: 229
10. Re: LatinDestinations

And, if you do it yourself, you could vacation for the better part of 2 weeks, and see Placencia, Cayo, and Caulker, getting all the marine and terrestrial excursions in. Transportation is very easy here.