We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtleman's House

Which Ambergris Caye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Wayne, Indiana
reviews: 15
Turtleman's House

Has anyone ever been to the turtleman's house? I'd like to stay up North as it seems to be more natural and you can swim to the reef.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
reviews: 7
1. Re: Turtleman's House

A friend of mine stayed there ans she loved it. rustic accommodations though and not for everyone. We camp about a mile or so up the beach from his house and the area is gorgeous

You could always do a few days at Turtleman's house and the rest closer to town.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
2. Re: Turtleman's House

He emailed me back and said he wasn't taking reservations at this time. That made me really sad!!!! I was excited to find him!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
3. Re: Turtleman's House

Taco - Do you know anywhere where I could snorkel off of the beach? I am looking for accommodations at A. Caye and want to make sure I have a good snorkeling spot :) Do you live on A. Caye?

San Francisco...
reviews: 46
4. Re: Turtleman's House

If you're flexible about the location, there is great snorkeling over a reef full of fish at Tobacco Caye. Tobacco Caye Paradise has very cheap cabins right over the water- it's so beautiful! The second we walked into our cabin we marched back to the office to extend our stay. And you can snorkel around the island and see lots. Also possible to take boat trips to other islands/sites or to see manatees and nesting birds. Easy to get out from Dangriga , shorter boat trip than getting to Ambergris. And bioluminescent things light up the water just after dark every night.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5. Re: Turtleman's House

Thank you for the info. We just returned from Belize a couple weeks ago....I'll keep that in mind for the next time we visit!

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
reviews: 7
6. Re: Turtleman's House

Sorry I did not get your last question in time lmarqueling. Did you find any off the beach snorkeling?

I would have recommended the popular snorkeling docks for starters and then Seaduced Beach Barbecue up at Robles Point area which is just past Turtleman's house. Kayaking to the reef is also an option for lots of great snorkeling, if anyone chooses this option it is important to watch for boat traffic.

7. Re: Turtleman's House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 26, 2014