We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Adult lodging

Which Ambergris Caye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
reviews: 32
Looking for Adult lodging

We are a childfree couple planning our vacation for 2013. We are looking for all adult lodging (not nudist...just no kids) on Ambergris Caye. We like "luxury" and I want beachfront but we'd like to be close enough to town to be able to make a quick trip via water taxi or golf cart. Any suggestions?

BTW, we stayed at Hotel Villa Rolandi on Isla Mujeres recently and that is kind of what we are looking for, if you are familiar with that (they are on TripAdvisor also.) THANKS!

Lafayette, Indiana
reviews: 5
1. Re: Looking for Adult lodging

I am not aware of any adults only hotels/resorts on Ambergris Caye. While I love the natural beauty of the island, I would not describe any accomodations as being "luxury" compared to what you have described with your Isla Mujeres trip. The closest thing might be the Pheonix right in town or Victoria House, south of town. Or, you could research renting a private villa. Also, be aware that the entire beachfront on AC is much different than the walk-out, expansive, white sandy beaches you may be used to.

Whatever you decide, AC is lovely, and you will enjoy yourself!

North Liberty, Iowa
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
2. Re: Looking for Adult lodging

Mata Chica on Ambergris doesn't allow kids under 12. However, it's five miles north, not the easiest access to town, although it's certainly possible by water taxi. And, it's right next door to Rojo Lounge, one of the best restaurants on Ambergris.

The above mentioned Victoria House sits on quite a large piece of real estate, has at least two pools, and I don't see many kids there.

The reality is, most places on Ambergris are so small, that a child here or there won't have much of an impact. Unlike large resorts, where they can become very loud and rowdy.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
reviews: 1
3. Re: Looking for Adult lodging

Rojo also has 2 very luxurious villas

http://www.azulbelize.com/

Although it does allow kids there are only 2 villas so the chance of lots of kids running around in slim to none. I am sure also they would tell you who rented the other villa. It is an absolutely phenomenal place with amazing service and food. I highly recommend it.

B.

4. Re: Looking for Adult lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, December 17, 2013