We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get there?

Which Ambergris Caye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
How do I get there?

First off, the extent of my travel experience is driving from Missouri to Texas with my parents when I was like 9... so I am VERY nervous to travel. We decided on Belize mainly because it is tropical and a 2 hour flight from Houston... (the shorter the better) The problem is, I want to go to San Pedro -- Ambergris Caye --(Royal Carriben Resort is pick #1) or Belize Yaht Club (#2) and I can not find any flights into San Pedro... Should I contact a travel agent or does anyone have any other suggestions? The reviews I read on both resorts were pretty good, it is a timeshare deal so I do not have a lot of options, but I would appreciate any feedaback. I am worried about how much we will spend when we get there, on food and anything else we may need. Part of my fear of travel is running out of money, and not knowing what to expect. ANY help is greatly appreciated!

Bruceton Mills...
reviews: 3
1. Re: How do I get there?

11 flights a day from Belize City to Ambergris Caye. $54 one way on Tropic Air. www.tropicair.com

You can also take the water taxi from Belize City to San Pedro. Take a cab from the international airport to the water taxi terminal in Belize City.

Can't help you much with Ambergris Caye. We were there for lunch but were staying on Caye Caulker.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
2. Re: How do I get there?

Your hotel review info in suspect, especially for Royal Caribbean, which look like military barracks. Check other sources for more accurate reviews. www.ambergriscaye.com

Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
3. Re: How do I get there?

You can spend a lot or a little for food on Ambergris Caye. There is lots of very good and very good food at street stands all over San Pedro. You can also spend lots at some of the better restaurants. We had lunch at Rojo Lounge last week, one beer each, one order of conch fritters and Caesar salad with chicken for $65.00US (tip included). Wonderful food, we knew it was going to be pricy. Lots of places in between.

And there are ATMs on the island that work with US cards.

I'd certainly stay at Belize Yacht club before Royal Caribbean.