We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From San Pedro to Cancun

Which Ambergris Caye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gatineau, Quebec
From San Pedro to Cancun

We need to go to Cancun Airport. What is the best way to get there from San Pedro?

tks

Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 10
1. Re: From San Pedro to Cancun

Fastest and easiest is to fly from San Pedro to Corozal, arrange a transfer from that air strip to the bus station in Chetumal, then take the bus to Cancun.

There is also an airline that now flies from Chetumal to Cancun, Alma Air, but I don't know their schedule or pricing. I think the flights are early morning and evening.

Gatineau, Quebec
2. Re: From San Pedro to Cancun

how long is the bus ride from Chetumal to Cancun? Can we get there by taxi?

Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 10
3. Re: From San Pedro to Cancun

The bus ride from Chetumal to Cancun is about six hours. We've always stopped part way and spent the night, either in Tulum or Playa del Carmen.

Some of the transfer companies will take you all the way to Cancun, but it will be hundreds of dollars, we used http://www.belizetransfers.com/ to get from the airstrip to Chetumal. And another time they picked us up in Chetumal for the reverse. I greatly overestimated how long it would take to cross the border and such, we ended up with a couple hours to kill in Corozal. The driver took us to a nice restaurant on the water, then came back and picked us up and dropped us at the airstrip.

4. Re: From San Pedro to Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 20, 2009