We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather conditions/Safety concerns

Which Ambergris Caye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
reviews: 2
Weather conditions/Safety concerns

Hi..

I'm thinking of visiting Ambergris Caye in November 2007... What should I expect from the weather? Rain? Hurricanes? Any issues to consider regarding safety for two female travelers?

Your tips are most appreciated!

Wisconsin
reviews: 3
1. Re: Weather conditions/Safety concerns

weather is just way too unpredictable.

i travelled to belize during the "rainy" season and enjoyed a week of beautiful sunshine. in fact, we were sitting at the top of one of the lamani ruins watching a beautiful storm in the distance... which then rolled in to cool us off for a 15 minute shower -- that is all the rain we encountered.

early november may be the tail end of "hurricane season" but don't let the particular season deter your travel. it's best to be prepared for anything. travel insurance is also a good idea if you want to be fully protected.

belize is very friendly and safe, but always use good judgement and be aware of your surroundings. i too traveled with a girl friend -- we were absolutely fine and never once felt unsafe.

ambergris is great and san pedro is a fun village. where are you staying?

SK
2. Re: Weather conditions/Safety concerns

Hi

I have travelled to Ambergris Caye in mid to late November for many years now, as I will be this November, and the weather has never dissapointed me. I would guess that 80+ percent of the time it has been sunny and warm. When it did rain it was in the earlier part of the day, and a squall would pass through now and again.

Take the same precautions you would in your home town. Stay in the tourists areas and be smart! That said I have never even felt uncomfortable on the Caye.

Safe journey.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
3. Re: Weather conditions/Safety concerns

Our months of concern have traditionally been Sept and Oct, but weather patterns are changing here too. Weather is usually nice in November, but we could get a norther and be overcast, rainy and cool for a day or two or more. Or not.

4. Re: Weather conditions/Safety concerns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 08, 2009